Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Since I am a data junkie, the Fitness app appealed to me when it showed up on my phone last fall. But to say it's got issues is an understatement!

I use a Garmin to track my bike workouts. Those seem to double when they hit the Fitness app - if they hit at all.

I often will meet my daily goal (200), and a few hours later will be down to 63 even though Fitness sees my Garmin workout. Sometimes a restart will solve this, sometimes it resolves in a few days but I more often notice if I don't get it resolved by midnight it's not going to be correct.

I've also seen where it's dropped my calories way below my goal, yet it has already given me 2x, 3x, 4x goal awards for the workout. The awards stay the calories are dropped.

My latest was the August challenge - it completely disappeared off my phone on August 30. I had to double my goal 14 times and due to weather/work commitments I wouldn't meet it until the 31st. So here I am with 13 out of 14 completed and it's gone! It came back just before midnight (restarted the phone), correctly stating that I had 13 workouts, and the next day it was gone again. I completed my 14th workout and still haven't seen it come back.

Is anyone finding improvements in the iOS 17 betas? I am ready to disable it completely as it is a frustration.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 10.48.59 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 10.48.59 PM.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 205
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.