Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
For me, it has to be my MacBooks.

I love my iPad Pro at night, when lying in bed, but I just love my MacBooks.

How about you?

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Watch was never my favorite  product. iPad has always had that held that position for me.

Reactions: twocents

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Hmm, not sure I fully agree. My favourite Apple product is my iPhone, followed by my Mac Mini, THEN my Apple Watch.

PS: When you say, "this forum", are you merely talking about the Apple Watch forum, or Macrumors Forum overall?

Reactions: JBaby

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Hmm, not sure I fully agree. My favourite Apple product is my iPhone, followed by my Mac Mini, THEN my Apple Watch.

PS: When you say, "this forum", are you merely talking about the Apple Watch forum, or Macrumors Forum overall?
The Apple Watch forum/thread.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
For me, it has to be my MacBooks.

I love my iPad Pro at night, when lying in bed, but I just love my MacBooks.

How about you?
you might want to consider changing the title to say something like this: "For those on this forum who consider the AW to be your favorite ..."

For me, AW is, but since I cannot use it without iPhone, that's my 2nd favorite but it is on par to me to my Mac(s)

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
you might want to consider changing the title to say something like this: "For those on this forum who consider the AW to be your favorite ..."

For me, AW is, but since I cannot use it without iPhone, that's my 2nd favorite but it is on par to me to my Mac(s)
Sorted it 👍🏼.

Reactions: jz0309

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
My iPad is my most favorite Apple product. Apple watch is second. iPhone and Mac are necessary, but I wish they weren't.

iPad is the most comfortable device for me for reading, and reading is what I do most during my waking hours. It's also decent for watching videos, and I find that I don't mind composing first drafts of stuff on my iPad, but editing, especially if it involves moving paragraphs around, is easier done on a Mac. I also need the Mac to manage my media files.

The watch I use for tracking my activity and sleep, and has been very good for keeping me motivated to stay minimally active.

The iPhone I need for when I go out, and it's pretty good for reading ebooks and saved articles in Instapaper, and I also use the camera a lot. But I hate using web browser on it and I wouldn't attempt writing anything extensive on it.

The Mac is the device I wish I didn't need but there are some things, some of which I mentioned above, that just can't be done on an iPad or iPhone.

Overall, I'm happy with my Apple products and not tempted to go back to Windows or switch to Android or other smartwatches/fitness trackers.

• Love
Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Hmmm…

I don’t the AW has ever been my favorite Apple product.

First Apple product/phone was the iPhone 3G. I was an Apple hater before that. That phone sucked me into the Apple world. I have upgraded phones every 1-2 years since 2008.

Next product was an iPad 2. Liked that but it was also my last iPad.

Got a BTO 27” iMac in 2011 or 2012 and LOVED that thing. Used it for a long time as a primary desktop alongside high end PC laptops from work until getting a 2018 15” MBP. I then used it as a monitor in a multi-monitor setup ran by the MBP.

Also got a 12” maxed spec MacBook which was awesome prior to the 2018 MBP. That thing was so small and portable. I would travel with both and would use the 12” on the plane since it was smaller and lighter than a iPad. Still have it now after lending it to my father for a period of time.

The iMac finally died in 2020/21 ish.

First AW was the S4 aluminum cellular instead of SS cause I thought I would upgrade it yearly. Kept it until Sept 23 cause it was just there. Did what I needed and never thought about it. The newer watches never seemed worth upgrading to.

I loved being in the whole ecosystem but the watch was never my favorite.

It would be the iPhone mostly #1 with computers behind it.

Best (s-tier) phone was midnight green 11 pro which is now essentially tied with my 15 Pro Max.

My 16” M2 Max MBP is the best computer I’ve ever had and total s-tier. If it or the M3 Mac’s had an oled screen, they would be perfect. I hate the XDR screen in the dark for media watching(despite it being better than the 2018 MBP). For computer work it is great, I just can’t stand LCD/LED backlit screens for any movie/tv. They all suck.

I have purchased and returned iPad Pros because the XDR screens are pure trash and I refuse to own an iPad without OLED or non-backlighted tech. Just too much money for garbage screen tech.

With current products I would go:
#1- iPhone 15 pro’s
#2- Apple Silicon MBPs
#3- Ultra 2 AW (also love my S7 titanium edition that I just replaced with AC+)

The Ultra 2 though was a big upgrade from the S4 and I like it a lot more than my first watch cause it does more and everything just better. But if I had to drop 1 of the 3 products, I’d give up the watch first.

Reactions: outlawarth

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2022
1. iPhone + Apple Watch (Watch and iPhone for me are complimentary, one makes the other better).
2. iPad Pro ( big part of my workflow, and fun to use).
3. Apple TV, AirPods Max, home pod mini.
4. M1 Max 64 GB MBP 16 inch ( Work horse).

Last edited:

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
The Apple Watch is not my favourite Apple product. It’s the iPhone for me. I would say the watch is 3rd in my list, after the MBPs.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Tough call. I don't have any Apple products that I dislike. Second choice would probably be AirPods or iPad.

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
Coolest Apple gadget, check. Most beneficial to my fitness, health and wellness, check. Would buy it again in a heartbeat, check. But I wouldn't give it the title of "favorite Apple device" due to too many little frustrations. I'm jogging outdoors and all of a sudden my pulse greys out. I'm walking on the treadmill and feeling cheated because the watch is undercounting my distance by about 10%. A important notification comes in and while I'm trying to read it, the watch decides to preempt it was something unimportant and silly like "Stand goal achieved". Sorry Apple watch, I love you but you don't get my "favorite Apple product" designation until you make your software as trouble-free and refined as what's on my iPad, iPhone, Macbook Pro and Airpods Pro 2.

Reactions: Night Spring

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I would say the iPhone is my favourite, because it’s the most important and the one I use the most.

I think the Apple TV is the next favourite. I mean it gets used every day’ I have multiple and I’ve had one since 2010.

I like them all. There isn’t one I don’t like. The only thing I’ve not tried is the VP

I’d probably rank them like this.

1. iPhone
2. Apple TV
3. iPad
4. HomePod (I use these eveydya as my speakers for Apple TV)
5. Apple Watch
6. Macbook
7. AirPods/Airpods

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.