Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lpoolrob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Love the app, but is anyone else having issues synching between devices? I have boards on my Mac which don't sync to my iPad and iPhone. The syncing between the iPhone and iPad is perfect, but because I started a board on my Mac I can't access it. iCloud sharing for Freeform is enabled on all devices, and I have tried restarting them all too. Using release versions of software, no betas on any device.

Anyone else?

Reactions: Chiquitanita

forzagaribaldi

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
London, UK
Having same issue here (though no iPad to test). If I start a board on my phone then it is available on the Mac but no changes made on Mac are synced back. Further changes on phone are immediately reflected on Mac.

madschnun

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2021
I have the same problem. Used Freeform during the beta on my Ipad. With the first use of Freeform on my Mac after the official release of 13.1 my boards synced from ipad to my Mac but now nothing I create or change on my Mac syncs back to my Iphone or Ipad.

amitkapila

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
I am having some issues when I share Freeform with a colleague. The information that appears on his iPad is garbled.

thenakulchawla

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2022
I am having the same issue. Not able to sync anything from mac to any of the iOS/ipadOS devices. Able to do the opposite.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Same, disappointed. I had hoped to replace VizRef with the Freeform, start adding things that I could pull up on my other iPad, iPhone, etc... nope. It's not syncing anything I did on my 12.9" to my phone.

I did make sure I have the iCloud on for Freeform on both devices, but it's just not working. I did see iPhone --> iPad, but not iPad --> iPhone.

Reactions: jel888

jel888

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2018
Europe
Ditto as tekchic, started moving things from Miro (which I really like and would prefer, but is costly) and tried to testing sharing, which is a must, and it says it can't until the board is synced, so I'm trying to figure out how to make it sync (and haven't been able to do so).

UPDATE: After turning off and on the iCloud sync on both my macOS and iOS, and closing the app and restarting, the sync immediate worked. I lost the first board, but since I didn't have much on it, it's okay.

See here where I found help:

apple-freeform-app-not-working (sync issues)

apple-freeform-app-not-syncing-with-icloud (fixed)

Last edited:

RAB23

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2023
Love the app, but is anyone else having issues synching between devices? I have boards on my Mac which don't sync to my iPad and iPhone. The syncing between the iPhone and iPad is perfect, but because I started a board on my Mac I can't access it. iCloud sharing for Freeform is enabled on all devices, and I have tried restarting them all too. Using release versions of software, no betas on any device.

Anyone else?
Yup - same issue here. Our iPad and iPhone app's data ia now missing as syncing is broken. Np re-syncing seems possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.