Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Norcalmacguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2023
Anyone have issues with iPad frequently disconnecting from an LG UltraFine monitor? I’m on iPadOS17. It’s very random and I cannot pin down exactly what is causing it.

janezblond

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
I am not running iPadOS 17, but on 16, I have a 100% reproducible cause of disconnects - shortly after the battery reaches 100% (being charged via the USB-C cable that is also carrying the signal to the monitor), the monitor will disconnect momentarily. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing?

Norcalmacguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2023
I am not running iPadOS 17, but on 16, I have a 100% reproducible cause of disconnects - shortly after the battery reaches 100% (being charged via the USB-C cable that is also carrying the signal to the monitor), the monitor will disconnect momentarily. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing?
Today I tried powering the iPad through the Magic Keyboard power cable and connecting to the monitor with a separate cable. It reduced the frequency but didn’t eliminate the issue. But it’s happening around 80% not 100

theotherphil

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2012
Today I tried powering the iPad through the Magic Keyboard power cable and connecting to the monitor with a separate cable. It reduced the frequency but didn’t eliminate the issue. But it’s happening around 80% not 100

What model Ultrafine? I have the 32UN880B that I can try for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.