Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCap

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2021
There have been so many posts with multiple tactics that people have used to no avail. I don’t expect to see this resolved until sometime in ios 16. On other forums for almost every response I’ve gotten from someone else who is experiencing this issue I get 2 responses from those who are not. I just don’t know how widespread this is but for those of us who do have this issue it is definitely annoying.
I'm continuing to send feedback to Apple asking to fix the bug, that's the only thing we can do ...

nslyax

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2002
Holland, MI
FWIW, brand new iPad Air 5, did not sync any settings onto it, and still no frequently visited sites; same as my new iPhone 13 Pro in December. I havent seen frequently visited working right since early summer on iPhone or iPad.

Reactions: AppleChainLink

garnerx

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2012
I think mine has been missing from my iPad since before iOS 15. One day last summer it just vanished, never to be seen again. Signing in and out of iCloud doesn’t help. My iPhone, though, no problems.

haginile

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2006
I clean installed my MacOS yesterday and it vanished everywhere (Macs, iPad, iPhone)... After I cleared out the history on the Mac, it came back. But it's still missing everywhere else...

Clonetrooper

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2021
England
It's always worked on my phone and Mac but for a couple of months hasn't worked on my iPad. Even after upgrading the iPad it still doesn't work and isn't working after updating.

witchkitten

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2009
Yes it’s back in 15.5, but you can’t delete sites you don’t want showing up. They’ll come back. Weird.
The frequently visited sites are a little buggy. Sometimes deleting a site from frequently visited will work for me and other times it will make the entire frequently visited section disappear again. The section comes back if I quit Safari and reopen it but the site I deleted will still be there. My workaround is to search Safari’s history and delete the sites I don’t want showing up. It’s annoying but better than not having frequently visited sites at all.

Reactions: coffeym

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
Mine have suddenly returned this morning after disappearing a very long time ago (year/s). I updated to iOS 15.5 last night!

Edd70

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
Fixed with 15.5 on my iPad also. Funny, this started annoying me recently and I finally started searching for a solution, found this thread, updated and fixed it. Things rarely go that well ?.

Jodeo

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2003
Middle Tennessee
In an effort to resolve the bug on my iPhone (iOS 16.4.1) where speech to text refuses to spell peoples names, I did the nuclear option.
After backing up my iPhone to my MacBook Pro, I completely erased and completely reset my iPhone and set it up from scratch.

Well, that didn't fix the bug - AND introduced this bug!

Now, Safari on my phone doesn't show frequently visited sites. It's a nuisance as it was very convenient to simply click on recently visited sites. I'm not sure that it always worked correctly because there was one site that persisted for months after I had last visited it.

Regardless, this is still an issue, and I don't know what it's gonna take to resolve it. It seems like iOS and macOS have been kind of losing it over the past couple of years.

MikeMcCollister

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2021
Charlottesville, Virginia
In an effort to resolve the bug on my iPhone (iOS 16.4.1) where speech to text refuses to spell peoples names, I did the nuclear option.
After backing up my iPhone to my MacBook Pro, I completely erased and completely reset my iPhone and set it up from scratch.

Well, that didn't fix the bug - AND introduced this bug!

Now, Safari on my phone doesn't show frequently visited sites. It's a nuisance as it was very convenient to simply click on recently visited sites. I'm not sure that it always worked correctly because there was one site that persisted for months after I had last visited it.

Regardless, this is still an issue, and I don't know what it's gonna take to resolve it. It seems like iOS and macOS have been kind of losing it over the past couple of years.
Since you started clean, iOS may not have figured out what your frequently visited sites are yet. See if they show up in a few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.