Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
I have a 15 PM, This morning decided I would do the new IOS update, set it to do update it was at 92% battery but I still plugged it in anyway for the update. Went to go get on my treadmill, came back to it an hour later to a black screen and totally frozen. Now I have had a few frozen phones over the years but have always been able to reboot them. I have done the usual
Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF).
This did nothing, I have done it now 8 times, I also plugged it back in now for well over an hour, still nothing.
I have had no problems with this iphone until now. Any suggests???

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
If the iPhone crashed during an update you might need to put it into recovery mode and connect it to a computer and perform the update again.

If that doesn’t work, you can try DFU mode, though you’ll lose your data and need to do a restore and then restore from a backup.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to contact Apple support.

Reactions: laffnvegas

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
Unfortunately that did not work been on an on line chat with Apple and they could not get it to work either with connecting to itunes so they are making me an appointment to take it into a store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.