Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
I love that they just broke it in half to avoid the lawyers. Very much reminds me of the sosumi sound effect.
Yep - it's a middle finger to Adobe and their legal team for a quite ridiculous complaint. Can you imagine the damage to Adobe when they get customers filing complaints such as "oops - I downloaded this free Delta game emulator thinking it was Adobe software 'cause it looks like your logo - and it won't edit my PDF!"

(And I'm just kidding. I know that Adobe MUST defend its IP to maintain claim over it. It's an onerous requirement, but I understand why it exists.)

PaperMag

macrumors regular
May 13, 2023
I feel like people here have a very mistaken idea of what lawyers get paid, especially compared to Nintendo developers.
I feel like people here have difficulty understanding humor.

Also, theres a difference between the median income of a lawyer and what corporate-lawyers of worldwide corporations pulling multi-billions make.

• Love
Reactions: amartinez1660

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
Just FYI, Delta creator Riley Testut has confirmed that the current app icon is a temporary funny fix. (That was probably pretty obvious).

• Love
Reactions: Regbial

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
They should have changed the logo to:

1715981453396.png

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
I can't be the only one who got cracked up by this right ?

They literally shattered it in fragments , that's hilarious

Reminds me of the Apple BHA project.

Summary: Apple had a project internally codenamed "Carl Sagan". Sagan threatened to sue. Apple changed the name to BHA: Butt-head Astronomer.

Sagan sued and sued, losing and losing. Eventually Apple got tired of the suits and changed the internal name again to LAW (lawyers are wimps).

red elma

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2019
Silicon Valley
2 lazy nerds at Delta, staring at Adobe Illustrator App for logo design ideas and thinking... heck, Adobe has already done it, let's just change the color and call it a day!
After the legal action threat... let's just slice the whole thing to pieces.

Reactions: Macaholic868

lzandman

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
"Delta's former icon does look like a mirrored version of Adobe's logo"

Wrong! Delta's former logo looked exactly like Adobe's logo. They mirrored the new Delta logo (and broke it in half), but the former one matches very closely. Adobe definitely seems in the right here.

Reactions: NetMage
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.