Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KevinAPearson

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2018
UK
Does anyone know if there is a glasses case that includes a space, or is designed to fit AirTags?

KevinAPearson

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2018
UK
There are some cases for AirTag that you can glue to objects (silicone . I think that in glasses cases there is enough place for them. Example https://www.amazon.com/Xmada-Self-Adhesive-Silicone-AirTag-Case/dp/B094YB6YZX/
Thanks Addamas, I've just bought something similar.
The problem is they take up quite a bit of room.
Ideally someone might make a case with a slot on the end for the AirTag and the case would close around it, so it only takes a small area of the case. A bit like dropping the AirTag to the bottom of a tube then splitting the tube along the long side and hinging it. Maybe someone could look into 3D printing something?
I'm guessing something will come up eventually.
Thanks.

talkin73

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2008
Thanks Addamas, I've just bought something similar.
The problem is they take up quite a bit of room.
Ideally someone might make a case with a slot on the end for the AirTag and the case would close around it, so it only takes a small area of the case. A bit like dropping the AirTag to the bottom of a tube then splitting the tube along the long side and hinging it. Maybe someone could look into 3D printing something?
I'm guessing something will come up eventually.
Thanks.
Agree. Almost nothing out there. I found this case:

Has room to slide in a pelican or other case in the top section and keep it held by the mesh pouch. A few similar items on Amazon but this one seems reasonable. Just bought it to try.

Hard to believe something pricey like glasses/sunglasses case with virtually no thoughtful options for AirTag. An unmet need someone industrious will hopefully step in to fill.

RonAKA

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2022
I have a Costco universal eyeglass case that you get with prescription glasses. It is a fold up triangular shape. Very cleverly made. When unfolded to take glasses there is lots of room in it for an AirTag. I suspect they have them under the counter in the Optical section and may be quite willing to give you one.

Reactions: talkin73
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.