Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trallo trallo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2023
Hi all,
I have a MacBook White Unibody, 13", Mid 2010, 2,4 GHz Core 2 Duo.
I managed to upgrade to Catalina thanks to the Dosdude1 work.

I bought this white Macbook for my sister as she needs to take online exams, but by coincidence the only way it is with Chrome linked with lockdown browser. Google Chrome is not working anymore, so she is waiting for me (we live in different cities) to solve her problem with Chrome.

Now, circa one year ago, I downloaded the two patches: library validation and video etc. and the computer could not boot anymore, stuck at a blank white screen. I managed to boot from the USB Catalina and downgraded the Mac without the patches. So, I am puzzled now: To fix Chrome, do I need to use the sudo nvram boot-args=amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 as dosdude1 explains without problems?
I need to upgrade only the library validation patch maybe after one year dosdude corrected the error?
Let me know, so I can instruct my sister and guide her via video call. Thank you very much. Trallo

sdfox7

Contributor
Jan 30, 2022
USA
It appears your processor supports SSE3, so the only thing I would suggest is using Chromium Legacy. This is a patched version optimized for older machines and operating systems.

Even if your machine can run the latest version of the official Google Chrome, you will probably struggle with hardware acceleration and resource issues.

How much RAM do you have? Click the Apple in the upper left corner and go to About This Mac.

Wowfunhappy's Chromium Legacy Downloader

Trallo trallo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2023
hi , thank you for your reply.

Ram6 gb. I tried chromium legacy same. The problem is with the catalina patcher. Dosdude and many others have the solution. I just need to know if I can use the new patchers it is better to use terminal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.