Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I have to say this is probably the most amazing game I have seen in a long time. Beating RDR2 easily.

EDIT: Used official trailer from Rockstar

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard2k

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Magnificent trailer rather than a short teaser. Lots for us to stick our teeth into. I am super stoked. 2024 fiscal year means a launch date between Jan-April 1 2025. That’s a looooong time to wait and implies that they have a lot more work left to do.

I just purchased a gaming PC and was hoping to play this title on PC. The trailer is cinematic and not gameplay. It is unlikely that a console version will replicate the graphics and crowd density on the beach scene. If RDR2 is to go by, GTA6 will likely target 30fps on consoles - especially as the environment looks highly detailed and chaotic.

It’s a good decision to focus on the console versions first, clear bugs and performance issue. I think the PC version will be announced in due course and will be worth the wait as it will likely look good as the trailer.

Reactions: flawless11

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
Magnificent trailer rather than a short teaser. Lots for us to stick our teeth into. I am super stoked. 2024 fiscal year means a launch date between Jan-April 1 2025. That’s a looooong time to wait and implies that they have a lot more work left to do.

I just purchased a gaming PC and was hoping to play this title on PC. The trailer is cinematic and not gameplay. It is unlikely that a console version will replicate the graphics and crowd density on the beach scene. If RDR2 is to go by, GTA6 will likely target 30fps on consoles - especially as the environment looks highly detailed and chaotic.

It’s a good decision to focus on the console versions first, clear bugs and performance issue. I think the PC version will be announced in due course and will be worth the wait as it will likely look good as the trailer.

GTA 5 looks the same on consoles and PC. So big chance it will hold true for GTA 6.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004

Naw pretty sure what you are seeing here is the Series X or PS5 version of the game. Rockstar isn’t particularly good at making PC ports either, and you’ll likely be waiting until 2026 for the PC version as is their pattern with past games. The trailer also is 100% in-game engine.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Xmas 2024 a PS5 Por / GTA 6 bundle. I’d be all over that.

I’m more excited for RDR3, but wow. This looks incredible.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Naw pretty sure what you are seeing here is the Series X or PS5 version of the game. Rockstar isn’t particularly good at making PC ports either, and you’ll likely be waiting until 2026 for the PC version as is their pattern with past games. The trailer also is 100% in-game engine.
This is good news for MS and Sony. If you want to play GTA6 in 2025, you will have to own or a buy a XSS, XBX or PS5. PC snobs will have to cave in or face the game/story being spoilt for them on social media. Looking forward to playing it on my Series X.

Rockstar will make a fortune from selling ultimate editions with 1-2 week early access. Then they will make more money when some owners buy the PC version as well!

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
The trailer now has 174 million views! I hope they bring out a special edition with goodies.

GTA is my fave series and I just know this game is gonna be amazing.

Until then I have RDR2 and Max Payne 3 to play from R*

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Rockstar is the king of open world games. Every other open world game just pales in comparison. The detail and story telling is second to none, and it shows when it takes as long as it does for games to come out. I used to love the Assassins Creed games because they were open world games, but then with GTA V and RD2 they all just feel kinda empty in comparison.

PC users will have to wait if Rockstar carries on like normal. This game will have me get a PS5 when it is released. I have held off as there is literally nothing I want to play on the console. As much fun as GTA is, I still hold Red Dead 2 as the best game I have ever played, and play the story over and over, just enjoying the world that was created. Perfect story telling and moving!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.