Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeilders

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
I can’t seem to find the health app in beta 17. Where should I be looking?

Thanks

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
When I installed iPadOS17, Health was already there without having to download it so it should be there.

Reactions: addamas

mark-vdw

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2013
Does anyone have any idea why they didn't target the Health app towards macOS as well? I thought the whole point of Catalyst and SwiftUI was that 3rd party apps would get into the habit of releasing for iPadOS + macOS simultaneously, I'm surprised Apple themselves don't seem to be setting the tone here. If anyone has some insight into what's going on under the hood, I'd be interested in finding out.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Is it fixed in this, 3rd, beta? I see they fixed Health App icon back to normal

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Does anyone have any idea why they didn't target the Health app towards macOS as well? I thought the whole point of Catalyst and SwiftUI was that 3rd party apps would get into the habit of releasing for iPadOS + macOS simultaneously, I'm surprised Apple themselves don't seem to be setting the tone here. If anyone has some insight into what's going on under the hood, I'd be interested in finding out.
HIPAA regulations. Personal health data must be secured and Macs/PC don't meet the threshold for HIPAA's health data security.

Reactions: mark-vdw

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
HIPAA regulations. Personal health data must be secured and Macs/PC don't meet the threshold for HIPAA's health data security.
I don’t think your own data under your own equipment is covered by HIPAA?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I don’t think your own data under your own equipment is covered by HIPAA?
Not an expert but in a nutshell the organization that gathers and stores your health data MUST protect it. You can copy your data into a spreed sheet and post it on Facebook. However the organization that supplies the data MUST protect it and so the Health App must be confidential.

Reactions: mark-vdw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.