Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ldh.92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
Bristol, England
Hello. When having an Apple Watch & iPhone does that information add together / duplicate with things like steps etc?

cant work out whether I need to switch off the motion and fitness on iPhone and keep on with Apple Watch. Or whether to have both switched on?

Reactions: compwiz1202

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
Hello. When having an Apple Watch & iPhone does that information add together / duplicate with things like steps etc?

cant work out whether I need to switch off the motion and fitness on iPhone and keep on with Apple Watch. Or whether to have both switched on?
Only the Watch will track your activity when you're wearing it. The data will be synced with Health on your phone. Leave that setting switched on.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
If you wear your watch most of the time, turn off iPhone tracking. If not, iPhone will continue tracking whatever it can, but it may less likely be the main source of your health data.

If you dig deeper into each measurements, there’s a “data source” which you can prioritise which data source is used most of the time. I think it prioritise Apple Watch automatically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.