Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zainiak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
my notifications arent working on my ipod touch 4th gen. i tried everything including a dfu restore. no notifications. checked settings and everything else

zainiak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
was on 5.0.1 with the problem and still have it with 5.1.1

zainiak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
was on fresh, didnt work so i just restored a backup thinking it wouldnt ever work. ive been able to fix EVERY other problem ive had with any idevice, but this

jtre1

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
This might sound crazy, but try this.
Turn on all notifications for your apps.
Then reset your network settings.
Also try enabling "Push" in Mail

zainiak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
This might sound crazy, but try this.
Turn on all notifications for your apps.
Then reset your network settings.
Also try enabling "Push" in Mail
haha i just checked and all of that was done. then i reset and they still dont work!

zainiak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Jailbroken?
at the moment, yes. but i jailbroke it after the problem started. even with a clean restore with 1 3rd party app notifications dont work. and as i mentioned, a DFU restore didnt even fix it

jtre1

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
Zaniak. Try this. Go to wifi. Find your wifi name. Go to DNS. Copy the code. Save it. Replace it with 8.8.8.8

zainiak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
The third party app is anything that uses notifications. Facebook, twitter etc. And I will try jtre's idea now.

----------

Zaniak. Try this. Go to wifi. Find your wifi name. Go to DNS. Copy the code. Save it. Replace it with 8.8.8.8
Nope. Didn't work. This is a weird problem isn't it?

jtre1

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
Yep. But i found something about enabling a certain port. Are you on a Windows computer or a Mac

jtre1

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
Ok i found this link. Try it out and tell me if it works

http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/howto-make-push-notifications-work-again-all-devices-minus-appletv.332164/

zainiak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
nope. followed everything doesnt work so far, but i have it will with another app

jtre1

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
Try going to an Apple store, asking them what the deal is. I had mine since 2010. But it only happen once

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.