Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jherrington102

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
London
Unfortunately for me I smashed my 5s at the weekend so have turned to my old 4s I have stored under the bed! The 4s had 'Find my iPhone' installed on it. When i was planning on selling it a while ago, I done some sort of factory re-set. When I came to turn the phone back on, it asked me for the apple ID and password used to SET UP the device. Well I have changed my password a few times and cannot remember what on earth it was when I first got the phone. Does anyone have any ideas? Im guessing it is probably better off in the bin and completely useless!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It shouldn't need your original password, it would need your current password associated with your Apple ID.

jherrington102

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
London
I have entered my current password and it will not accept it. It says 'Incorrect Apple ID jxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk cannot be used to unlock this phone'. This IS 100% the correct ID (signed into it fine on a computer). Also tried it on different wifi networks.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have entered my current password and it will not accept it. It says 'Incorrect Apple ID jxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk cannot be used to unlock this phone'. This IS 100% the correct ID (signed into it fine on a computer). Also tried it on different wifi networks.
Is that the same exact Apple ID and the one that was originally used for the phone (and you are using now)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.