Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arcobb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Colorado
So I realized I already have a WiFi ready phone that does internet and plays my iTunes music! ... and it's sexy to boot!

MacBook(black) + iTunes + Skype = iPhone! :)

And it does a couple other things as well! But I guess it's fair to say its a little awkward in my back pocket (man, were is that 6 inch MBP?).

~cheerio

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
I just picked up an XDA Orbit from o2 and I have to say that it's AWESOME!

https://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/O2/XDA_Orbit

Like the upcoming iPhone, there is no keypad, everything is entered vie the touch screen. Unlike the iPhone you have to use a stylus unless you are a girl with long fingernails.

I bought the missing sync and it works perfect with my MBP. I did have to change a few settings here and there beforehand but it works like a charm.

To set up my .mac email was a breeze as the phone has an imap setting for email. All I had to do was enter my email address and password. You can then set it to check for email every 1 minute to one hour etc...

I guess I'm just really happy that I have such a compact device that also has built in Sat Nav! Wow. It works awesome too. I live in London and I've used both in the car and in "walking mode". Works like a dream.

In nine months when the iPhone comes out here, I'll surely get it as I think the UI will be awesome but unitl then I have this and so far I am loving it.

Oh and it's very small!

Cheers, tommy

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Really..how that Touch screen working? And how it the phone away from Wi-Fi? And does it fit in your pocket well?

Just some questions from someone who is looking to get an iPhone :rolleyes:

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
Really..how that Touch screen working? And how it the phone away from Wi-Fi? And does it fit in your pocket well?

Just some questions from someone who is looking to get an iPhone :rolleyes:

The touch screen is excellent. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Wi-Fi is brilliant. Great speed. And its so sensitive that I have to make sure it's off when I'm out of the house as it keeps alerting me of networks.

It fits perfectly in my pocket, honestly it's a dream. I carried around a BlackBerry for the last year and this is so much smaller!
I'll attach a photobooth snap.

It fits easily into my front or back pocket. I bought a few of those screen protectors on ebay, the electrostatic type so she'll stay scratch free.

Missing sync also puts photos on it from my iphoto and will sync with itunes.

Cheers, tom

Attachments

• myxdaorbit.jpg
    myxdaorbit.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 197

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
The touch screen is excellent. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Wi-Fi is brilliant. Great speed. And its so sensitive that I have to make sure it's off when I'm out of the house as it keeps alerting me of networks.

It fits perfectly in my pocket, honestly it's a dream. I carried around a BlackBerry for the last year and this is so much smaller!
I'll attach a photobooth snap.

It fits easily into my front or back pocket. I bought a few of those screen protectors on ebay, the electrostatic type so she'll stay scratch free.

Missing sync also puts photos on it from my iphoto and will sync with itunes.

Cheers, tom

Its not in US:( ...guess I'll wait for iPhone, but even if it was in the USA I can't see my self going to buy with with the iPhone coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.