Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Hi! You know these hidden springboard settings in the control center. Well, how do I enable them without jailbreak?Please,tell me there is a way.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
You know, with the tweak HiddenSettings7-these hidden settings. Ok, is there a way to jailbreak ios 7.1 untethered which is perfect like evasion(I mean not buggy.)?

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Well,ok no problem. Only one more question. I know it sounds crazy but some people say (well, I don't believe you can get cydia with no jailbreak) but can you get some tweaks for example barrel with no jailbreak? And isn't there ANY jailbreak even if it's not evasion?

Smeehehe

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2014
Well,ok no problem. Only one more question. I know it sounds crazy but some people say (well, I don't believe you can get cydia with no jailbreak) but can you get some tweaks for example barrel with no jailbreak? And isn't there ANY jailbreak even if it's not evasion?

Yup.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

No, you cannot get tweaks without jailbreaking. There is currently no program available that can jailbreak iOS 7.1.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

There is no jailbreak, and no, there's no way to do that.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas

You cannot get Cydia with no jailbreak, but if your asking about certain apps such as Movie Box... there are ways of signing apps bypassing Cydia.

But as far as tweaks... you are need of MobileSubstrate that only a jailbreak can offer that. And as of now, the jailbreak for iOS 7.1 doesn't exist.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Pod2g has been hinting at it on twitter.

That's fake though.
That's a scam. The official page of http://evasi0n.com/ is not reporting any new jailbreak for iOS 7.1.
Seems like the article is somewhat misleading, although it comes from Evad3rs who are behind Evasi0n, so it seems like there shouldn't really be any scams or anything like that there...unless that's not their site, which might be the case too, although it always seemed like it was theirs.

Edit: Yeah, after a bit of digging it seems like that site isn't in fact affiliated with Evad3rs after all.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
i feel bad for the people falling for this
Seems like the article was meant as a warning about jailbreak scams...and yet somehow comes off as one of them itself, through just plain bad writing or translation or something like that (and without really linking to any actual jailbreak as far as I can tell).

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Seems like the article was meant as a warning about jailbreak scams...and yet somehow comes off as one of them itself, through just plain bad writing or translation or something like that (and without really linking to any actual jailbreak as far as I can tell).

seems like they're trying to trick people

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
seems like they're trying to trick people
Trick into what though? They didn't seem to include any links to install anything, and even the wording and image a bit past the beginning of the article talks about scams.

In any case though, no (untethered) iOS 7.1 jailbreak so far.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Trick into what though? They didn't seem to include any links to install anything, and even the wording and image a bit past the beginning of the article talks about scams.

In any case though, no (untethered) iOS 7.1 jailbreak so far.

into thinking there's a 7.1 jailbreak, you don't notice that big green download link?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
into thinking there's a 7.1 jailbreak, you don't notice that big green download link?
Can't say that I do, just a few informational links toward the end of the article as far as I have seen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.