Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceGrayAlways

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
With the recent release of AirTags I have been thinking about how one could integrate them into a version of one of my favorite childhood games: Hide and Seek.

How to Play:​

• Pick a semi-populated open area such as a park.
  • The person hiding will take the seeker's AirTag with them and must have it unshielded on their person at all times.
    • Make sure you don’t bring your phone!
  • The hider will have five minutes to hide themselves anywhere that they wish.
    • Remember that you are not just hiding from the seeker, but also from other’s iPhones. So find a remote location and ensure that no one will pass by you!
    • During this time, the seeker should do anything but browse Facebook... Because #DeleteFacebook.
  • The seeker will now have 10 minutes to locate the hider.
    • The seeker may use both their eyes and the Find My App, but Find My is the ideal!

Scoring:​

• Finding a person without Find My locating them: 2 points
  • Finding a person with Find My: 4 points
  • Not finding the hider: -2 points to the seeker (+2 points to the hider)
  • Having someone ask what you are doing while you are hiding: -5 points ?‍♂️

First to 10 points wins!

Tips:
  • When you can't find someone, activate Lost Mode. It could help them realize you've given up...
  • Set a "home base" and come back there after 15-20 minutes...
    • Or you know... Leave your friend out in the woods to fend for themselves with only an AirTag...
  • Don't play in a desolate area, the game will only work if you actually have some people around you.
  • And of course... ? up while you play!
If you decide to play this or some other version, comment below! Have some fun and enjoy the warm weather!

Yes this is mostly a joke, but also yes I am 100% going to try this

Reactions: seinman

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
F7702575-B503-4E92-91F5-BF826C23EEC7.jpeg

Reactions: Tom Schrier

iLoveDeveloping

Suspended
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
That’s funny actually! My kid just grabbed it after showing him what it is and said let’s play hide and seek!! ? Interestingly enough, he was only in the next room and it said airtag is out of range move around a bit. That was annoying!! It must not be very strong signal. The direction controls didn’t work at all as it was to far away, but the proximity worked just fine, as I got about 3 meters away from it the arrow and green screen showed up. A little disappointed it didn’t work from further away but still a fun little gadget.

Reactions: puckhead193
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.