Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DAF96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2023
Two iPhones: 11Pro on 17.1.2 and 15Pro on 17.2

Since iOS17, we have both (me 'resident/owner', wife 'resident') been unable to access Home when NOT on the home wifi network. In other words Home has ceased working on cellular/mobile.

On WiFi, it all continues to work correctly as expected, automations all run correctly (whether we are on network or not) and when we both depart the home network, "last person leaves" automations function.

All the usual 'support' stuff has been done. Three HomePods and two AppleTVs, all up to date.

We will not delete the Home App and reinstall as we have multiple devices and automations which w ecannot afford to lose.

Apple support have escalated but currently have not come back with a fix.

Anyone else seeing this, and/or have a fix? Thanks.

Shinelilshaawty

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2023
Try updating your network settings on both phones. Then close all your apps and restart your phone.

To update your network go to about in settings and a update network pop should show up

Or plug into computer open iTunes/ finder and click check for updates

- this will update both your iOS and carrier settings

Also check which device is currently functioning as your Home Hub

In the home app, click the 3 dot inside circle, then go to Home Settings, click Home Hub & Bridge’s, figure out which device is currently the active Hub.

Then restart the device that’s currently the Hub.

Reactions: DAF96

DAF96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2023
No Network Updates available on either iPhone - I had checked that.

HOWEVER restarting the device that is currently the hub appears to have solved the problem!

I now feel very stupid for not doing that previously - simply as all internal HomeKit services were running as expected so I did not suspect it.

Now, reflecting on 50 mins onto Apple and second level at that, surprised they did not suggest this as we ran through hubs etc.

EDIT: restarting the one hub which WAS listed as 'connected' has unsurprisingly resulted in another taking over as the 'connected' with the one I restarted now being 'standby' like the other 5. But it works. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinelilshaawty

Corce

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2024
For me too, restarting the current hub device worked. But what was the cause?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.