Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
how do I add AppleCare on a monthly basis on the new iPad Air? basically, I want to have AppleCare for as long as I own it.. until I trade or sell it. (not a one-time 12-month plan for $99... unless i can renew can continue with AppleCar after that)

Thanks!

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I believe if you go to Settings - General - AppleCare and Warranty you can select your iPad from the list the devices in your account and you will be offered to add AppleCare+ on a monthly basis.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
You have the option during the purchase process online to pick a one time payment or a monthly payment. If you already made the purchase but, didn't also purchase AC+ during the process, you can still purchase AC+ ether on your phone or new iPad under Settings. You will get a prompt on your devices to purchase AC+.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
how do I add AppleCare on a monthly basis on the new iPad Air? basically, I want to have AppleCare for as long as I own it.. until I trade or sell it. (not a one-time 12-month plan for $99... unless i can renew can continue with AppleCar after that)

You have 60 days from activation to sign up for AppleCare+. It’s very easy to do it from Settings - General.

Reactions: beerseagulls

dancefreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
Hermosa Beach, CA

Thanks!
You can continue monthly when the 2-year plan is done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.