Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waziazi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2018
USA
I purchased a studio display on ebay and it arrived but it has several nicks on the middle of the glass panel. i can kinda feel it with my fingernail. what can be done to repair/restore it?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
When you're using the display, do you see anything wrong? I wouldn't worry about what you feel with your fingernail. I don't think glass can be fixed that way. Anything you do is probably going to make it worse.

waziazi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2018
USA
When you're using the display, do you see anything wrong? I wouldn't worry about what you feel with your fingernail. I don't think glass can be fixed that way. Anything you do is probably going to make it worse.
Agreed. It’s only visible when the screen is black and light reflects.

While I have you here do you know if the Apple thunderbolt 4 pro cable is exactly like the belkin thunderbolt cable? Same performance and everything. I have the belkin cable and I feel there is some lag or something. Then again I am coming from a 144hz display. Maybe the mouse and window choppiness is the 60hz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.