Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I have copied the majority of the files to an external drive and deleted the corresponding ones from my iPad. Now, it has nine video files left. Under File Browser Pro, the file size are not shown. Only the length in seconds. These are the files that caused errors during the copying mentioned in the original post.

What will happen if I turn on iCloud now? With free storage on the iPad, will the original full version of these files alone with the rest of the files on iCloud get copied to my iPad or these problematic 9 files on my iPad will overwrite their full version on iCloud (assuming they are there)?

The goal is to move all the files from my iPad and iCoud to the external drive.

In FB Pro, when listing video files, if you hit the three vertical dots, the file name, creation date and size are displayed along with the menu of actions.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
It is crazy that they have no Select All and Eject functions built-in.
With extensive use, I’ve never had an issue ejecting an external drive from my iPad Pro. if I remember correctly, and I could certainly be wrong, PadOS 17 addressed the ejecting concerns. I back up my business to iCloud and an external HD, never a single issue with just unplugging it. The select all should absolutely be a feature even though the tap and slide works great.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, in FileBrowser Pro, there is a Home>Photo Library. Within it, there are:

Albums
All Photos
Animated
Carmera Roll
Events
Faces
Favourities
Live Photos
Long Exposure
Moments
Panoramas
Portraits
Recently Added
Screenshots
Selfies
Shared
Videos

Some have lots of files. Others are empty.

If I want to copy all the videos and photos from my iPad to an external drive, which folder(s) should I copy from?

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
"All Photos" should include everything (photos, screenshots and videos).
But keep in mind, by backing up files that way, Live Photos are stored as a still image and a separate movie clip (a.e. .HEIC + .MOV).
I do not know if they can be somehow merged together later.

Reactions: hajime
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.