Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkinnyMoose

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2022
How could I view only the posts that have no replies? When I click "NEW" posts, it shows posts with 700, 500, 200 replies. That is the opposite of new. Thank you.

Low hanging fruit: I am not asking how to scroll and find posts with no views, I am asking how to filter it so it looks how some other forums look, with real new posts at the top.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
How could I view only the posts that have no replies? When I click "NEW" posts, it shows posts with 700, 500, 200 replies. That is the opposite of new. Thank you.

Low hanging fruit: I am not asking how to scroll and find posts with no views, I am asking how to filter it so it looks how some other forums look, with real new posts at the top.

New posts are threads that have new replies posted... so my post right now is a "new post", even though the thread itself existed when I found it.

What you are looking for is on the menu under Home > Unanswered Threads.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
New Posts are those that you have not viewed, or have been updated with new replies since you last viewed that thread. So, New Posts can be new threads, but can simply be new updates to what can be older threads. Sometimes you will see really old threads (15 years or more), which have been updated, usually a new reply. (Probably why the name is "New posts")
So, the new threads are sorted with new responses to "less new" threads, in the order of receipt.
If you just want to look at threads with no replies...
Top of this page, first menubar starts with Front Page, Second menubar starts with Home. There's a dropdown there - click on that dropdown. 5th on the list is "Unanswered Threads" - and you may find relatively old threads with no responses.
BTW, when you spend some time here, you will occasionally see new threads with dozens, sometimes hundreds of responses, literally within a few minutes, for very hot issues, or basic info where a lot of Mac users have quick input.
AND, there's threads, maybe with a lot of views, but no responses posted, even after several years.
(dwfaust beat me out with the simple answer to your quest...)

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
New Threads is limited to only one page so it's possible to miss new threads if you don't check every day.
Also, New Threads doesn't have the "Threads below have not been updated since your last visit." message that New Posts has.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.