Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
So if I replace the SIM card from my new phone, I can still have my current number? Even if the phone's gig space is much bigger than my current 64 gig iPhone?

Didn't you say in an earlier post that you have a new phone number now?

"Since I ordered it online, I have a new number"......

Not sure how that works since I haven't ordered an iPhone online. It could be that some changes were made on the line that is already registered to your account?

In that case the new phone number will be assigned to the SIM card and it will be in the new iPhone already, probably an e-SIM. This suggests that maybe some adjustment was made to your account and the phone line -- and that once you activate the new phone and line that the old one, the SIM card in the iPhone 6s, will be no longer active. ??

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
So if I replace the SIM card from my new phone, I can still have my current number? Even if the phone's gig space is much bigger than my current 64 gig iPhone?

Only SIM cards control thephone number. Use same SIM card in new phone. If you change telephone providers have them port or move your old preferred telephone number to the new SIM card.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Didn't you say in an earlier post that you have a new phone number now?

"Since I ordered it online, I have a new number"......

Not sure how that works since I haven't ordered an iPhone online. It could be that some changes were made on the line that is already registered to your account?

In that case the new phone number will be assigned to the SIM card and it will be in the new iPhone already, probably an e-SIM. This suggests that maybe some adjustment was made to your account and the phone line -- and that once you activate the new phone and line that the old one, the SIM card in the iPhone 6s, will be no longer active. ??
It's probably only because it's a new phone. When my new phone arrives I'll do what the video shows that CanuckRus posted.

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
When you ordered the new phone you might have added a line rather than upgrade. Might want to check with ATT and ensure you aren’t paying for another line of service.

Reactions: Clix Pix

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Yeah I meant I didn’t think there was a second line involved. I think the OP might want to double check with ATT just to be sure another line wasn’t added

Reactions: Clix Pix

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Thank you. This is the first phone that still has power to it, it’s just loosing support soon.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
What should I do on the third of May? Should I call AT&T just to be sure I didn't accidentally added a new phone number? As luck would have it. I will have someone here that could swap out my SIM cards for the weekend and I am not going to bother them to help me since I am trying to do as much as possible on my own when I have my new phone in my hands.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I'm still helping getting everything ready for the weekend. I can concentrate better if I am not needed at a moments notice. Know what I mean?

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Either call ATT or log into your account via the app/website and make sure there wasn’t another line added.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
It doesn't look like it, it has my current iPhone number, but then again. I will check it when I physically have my new phone in my hands. On Friday, aka the launch day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.