Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Dec 21, 2018
first step done

Step 0: Download the script zip file
Step 1: Download the Mountain Lion Install DMG from Apple via the link provided
Step 2: Create the target USB stick sized and named as explained
Step 3: Double click the Install DMG to mount it and close the window if it shows
Step 4: Run the script file in Terminal after unzipping as explained

Leave Step 5, running the installer, for now and get back after you complete Step 4, creating the USB installer.

Reactions: Lizzy85

Lizzy85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2024
I'm on the right way? USB create.. now here to understand the point number 5. I have a blank HD. Need to use carbon copy cloner?

Attachments

• Schermata 2024-05-12 alle 22.25.25.png
    Schermata 2024-05-12 alle 22.25.25.png
    909.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Schermata 2024-05-12 alle 23.18.26.png
    Schermata 2024-05-12 alle 23.18.26.png
    289 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Dec 21, 2018
OK, move to the next steps as follows:
  1. Shut the MP31 down and disconnect power at the electrical socket
  2. Wait for 20 seconds, then open the machine up and remove any disks connected
  3. Pull out the RAM holders, AKA Risers, and add only four of your six RAM sticks (two in each Riser)
    1. Make sure you put them in the first two slots each, counting from the part closest to the motherboard.
    2. There seems to be an issue with at least one of your RAM sticks which will be looked into later.
  4. Insert the Risers back into the MP31
    1. Remember, only two RAM sticks in the first two slots on each Riser.
    2. You seem to have 1GB sticks so the total should be 4GB.
    3. Mountain Lion needs a minimum of 2GB of RAM.
  5. Connect the blank disk you want to install Mountain Lion on, as well as the USB installer, to the MP31
    1. That is, only the blank disk and the USB installer should be connected
  6. Reconnect power at the electrical socket and wait for 10 seconds or more
  7. Start the MP31 and hold the COMMAND, OPTION, P and R keys down until you hear the chime four times
    1. Use a Mac compliant keyboard directly connected to the MP31
    2. The MP31 will search until it finds that the USB Installer is the only bootable option available
      1. This can take a while to happen, so give it about 15 mins
      2. If it fails to load, shut down and try another port for the USB installer
        1. For instance, try first with a USB port at the front and if needed, with one in the back
You should be able to install Mountain Lion after this and go from there.
If you do not get a chime and/or the installer does not show up, then more needs looking at.

Last edited:

Lizzy85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2024
NO 4 chimes.... but appear this... I-m still waiting the 20 minute,in the meantime I would offer you a beer for the great support given :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Reactions: paalb

Lizzy85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2024
everything works great but no sound.I have a problem with my video card. it is a nVIDIA GeForce GT 220 1 GB DDR2. no sound can be played. I tried downloading the relevant drivers from nvida, but the situation doesn't change.

JustAnExpat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2019
everything works great but no sound.I have a problem with my video card. it is a nVIDIA GeForce GT 220 1 GB DDR2. no sound can be played. I tried downloading the relevant drivers from nvida, but the situation doesn't change.
I don't think the graphics card plays sound. Is there another sound card installed in the system? Did you try using headphones?

Is there a sound card that comes up on the System Profiler?

Lizzy85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2024
is possible use the hdmi cable on the graphics card to connect to a monitor/tv? I miss the driver to do this...

Lizzy85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2024
there was a post with the driver but for me it's impossible ti download ....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.