Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
What is going on ? I cant d/l anything for more than a minute before it stops and unlike Dropbox doesnt resume properly - I can d/l any file off iCloud no issue (using Files app) with my iPhone in the same room - speed to mini is 167 meg too so no idea - had to resort to d/l to iPhone 14 and then airdrop to mini which literally took like 10 seconds for a 1 gig file !

Had no issue with it last week on High Sierra and my MacPro so why now ?

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I'm assuming this is via wifi, if so, I had similar experiences when I first started using my M2Pro Mini. Weirdly enough, it cleared up by swapping the HDMI cable connected to my old display.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Ah thats an idea especially as I seem to be having problems with my 4k Lenovo monitor not "seeing" the Mini when I boot it up - I was thinking of trying an HDMI lead to see if that helps and it frees up a USB C lead although I suppose it I do that I will lose the extra ports on the Display ?

Is there any benefit in using HDMI over the USB C bar gaining a USB C port back ?

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
For me, I have both the HDMI and USB-C filled now (digital tablet and Thunderbolt Display), and it works perfectly still.

In the initial issue, I went from an older HDMI to a new one from Best Buy.

Oh, and also, I remember people mentioning that having the cable making a loop behind/under the Mini can cause it too. So, maybe check that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.