Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Re the pic in reply 18 above...

You need a BIGGER desk.
It's really that simple.
Naw, I’m the type who hangs on to things (as shown by the photo). I’ll probably do more what Richard13 says an declutter by putting things away.

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Happy to see you went for it and found a way around the "width dilemma". Now I think you have a new project: to get your desk to match the iMac simplicity aesthetic. I bet most of that stuff can be put in a drawer or closet. Organization has done wonders for my state of mind.

Also bonus points for getting the trackpad+mouse. I did that too since we can't buy the color coded devices later on.
Yes. The desk was pretty decluttered when I used it a lot but after I switched to a new Mac Mini about eight years which is located elsewhere in my house, I started using this desk for storing things. Time to cleanup as you say.

Edit: And yes, getting the matching trackpad and mouse at the time of purchase was exactly because we can’t get them later on and I wasn’t sure if I would prefer the mouse or trackpad so I got both.

Reactions: richard13

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Naw, I’m the type who hangs on to things (as shown by the photo). I’ll probably do more what Richard13 says an declutter by putting things away.
You don’t need to fix it, a cluttered desk is a sign of a creative mind and is often associated with genius

Reactions: DaveN and picpicmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.