Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
When I try to insert a photo right into a conversion, I get a "Oops! We ran into some problems." error and if I try to use "Attach files" instead, it does not even attempt to do any upload, it just shows a blank placeholder immediately, as if something was uploaded (it didnt)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It might be too large, I ran into issues in times past that the file size of the image was just too much for the forum software.

Nope its not working - I just tried to paste a 13kb image and it failed, and attaching it only gave the blank placeholder

Reactions: BigMcGuire

chrberni

Administrator
Apr 10, 2001
I've been testing this. It feels like browsers have something cached that ideally we could force re-load from our side. I have confirmed a work-around on Safari on two different machines:

1. In Safari Settings/Preferences, Privacy, clear the cookies and website data for macrumors.com.
2. Quit Safari.
3. Relaunch Safari and come back to the forums and login again.

Not that anyone *should* have to take this work-around, but that has worked for me a couple times now.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've been testing this. It feels like browsers have something cached that ideally we could force re-load from our side. I have confirmed a work-around on Safari on two different machines:

1. In Safari Settings/Preferences, Privacy, clear the cookies and website data for macrumors.com.
2. Quit Safari.
3. Relaunch Safari and come back to the forums and login again.

Not that anyone *should* have to take this work-around, but that has worked for me a couple times now.
I'm using chrome and its just not images. I tried to quote a portion of your text via the quote button and that's throwing an error as well when I click Insert quotes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.