Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RhodesRoads

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2021
Hi guys!

So I recently become a proud owner of an iP3, which I'm using solely as sound module for a MIDI keyboard. It does the job, but there are loads of fantastic synths that aren't compatible with iOS9 anymore. Even after JB & being able to download some older software from AppStore, there are still some that I would like to use, but requiring iOS10.
I know Apple had the iOS10 beta available for iP3, but in the end they've dropped the idea to provide iOS10 support on iP3s. Does anyone have the mentioned iOS10 beta installation profile by any chance? I've found some links in YT videos/forums, but they're not valid anymore... Halp :c

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
You prolly need that beta IPSW rather than configuration profile to install that beta version of iOS 10, plus even if you happen to find the config profile it is expired already, so you prolly can’t even install it.

I’m surprised to see iPad 4 doesn’t sell the same price as iPad 3 in your region. :oops:

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
iPad 3 will not install/run anything after iOS 9.3.5, apparently.

E565438B-9ADF-4EB8-83B8-47E1697FAEE3.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.