Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Isn't the public beta released with the second beta now? I think they said the end of the month for that

No. It’s released when the beta reaches a certain level of stability. I think it will come along side dev beta 3 or 4.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
No. It’s released when the beta reaches a certain level of stability. I think it will come along side dev beta 3 or 4.
It came with DP 2 last year because DP 1 was a three week beta. I suspect it will be exactly the same this year. We are not getting a beta 2 this week. WWDC was last week, everyone that works on the software was busy. Beta 2 would be the earliest next week, but that breaks the late June timeline for PB1 (which means last week for Apple).

So as I have already stated, 3 week for beta 1, PB 1 will be DP 2
[doublepost=1497285855][/doublepost]
Isn't the public beta released with the second beta now? I think they said the end of the month for that
You are correct. Last year and for the last year of iOS, PB has come with second DP. Apple said the end of the month, so that means we will see it with DP 2. Whether its next week or the week after is uncertain, but my money is on the week of the 26th.

Reactions: epca12

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I feel like as soon as people proclaim they know exactly how Apple works based on patterns, they do something different anyways.
This is a little different. You are talking about 10 years of iOS betas, following the same exact pattern. PB is newer, only a couple years old. But they have followed a very similar pattern with that too. It clearly works, so they won't change it.

ashindnile

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2015
iOS 10 public beta was out with db2 three weeks after db1.
But iOS 10b1 (as others here have pointed out) was far more stable initially.

Reactions: Uinluan

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
iOS 10 public beta was out with db2 three weeks after db1.
But iOS 10b1 (as others here have pointed out) was far more stable initially.
From all my readings on here, it seems to be phones that are less stable. My iPad Air 2 is pretty solid, a couple hiccups but definitely no lag or slow down compared to those with 7Plus'. So its possible its just the initial beta and 2 will be rock solid for all devices, meaning it would be a perfect candidate for PB. I think Apple wants to seed PB earlier because it allows for more time for feedback and fixes.

Jack Delgado

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
This is a little different. You are talking about 10 years of iOS betas, following the same exact pattern. PB is newer, only a couple years old. But they have followed a very similar pattern with that too. It clearly works, so they won't change it.

I don't necessarily think the beta is coming out today, but what the oft-linked bar chart doesn't spell out very well is that Apple's DP/PB releases are trending shorter.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I don't necessarily think the beta is coming out today, but what the oft-linked bar chart doesn't spell out very well is that Apple's DP/PB releases are trending shorter.
Not the first beta though. Even with 10.3.3, the first beta was 2 weeks. And if there is another 10.3.3, that will again be another 2 weeks.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Well, Beta 2 of any large iOS release has never dropped in a 7 day timespan, generally being 2-3 weeks. Looks to be about the same for Beta 3 too. I don't think we've ever reached Beta 3 under 4 weeks time from Beta 1 dropping.

So if history is any indication, Beta 2 will come next week with Public Beta shortly thereafter (if Apple sticks to their "late June" promise), which is slightly concerning seeing as Beta 2 will need to be a lot more solid for any level of "public" deployment.

Reactions: Uinluan and Math889

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Well, Beta 2 of any large iOS release has never dropped in a 7 day timespan, generally being 2-3 weeks. Looks to be about the same for Beta 3 too. I don't think we've ever reached Beta 3 under 4 weeks time from Beta 1 dropping.

So if history is any indication, Beta 2 will come next week with Public Beta shortly thereafter (if Apple sticks to their "late June" promise), which is slightly concerning seeing as Beta 2 will need to be a lot more solid for any level of "public" deployment.
Beta 2 last year was the first PB.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Sure are a lot of people in here that seem to think they know exactly what’s going to happen...
One, its speculation, two, its been 10 years of this. Apple develops patterns. Yes they throw curve balls, but over 10 years, its followed almost the same format.

jschu22

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008
Speculation is fine, its certainly the point of the thread, but some (even you at times) have passed off an opinion in a decidedly non-speculative manner. Just trying to help keep everyone honest.

Reactions: pedrowerner

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Sure are a lot of people in here that seem to think they know exactly what’s going to happen...

Speculation is fine, its certainly the point of the thread, but some (even you at times) have passed off an opinion in a decidedly non-speculative manner. Just trying to help keep everyone honest.

It's a rumor website. No one is putting their life on the line to promise what will happen.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

FurbyUK

Suspended
Jul 9, 2016
Up North

Apple said Public beta at the end of the month, so that's something pretty definitive. You're looking the week of the 26th for that. Whether DP2 is before then or not, that's the question. I would not be surprised if DP2 comes next week, leaving a week until PB.

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
Ohh, he won't be happy! You thief!

I will start it off.

DP 2 = June 26th
PB 1 = June 28th
This is probably correct.

In between beta 1 and the next release, the priority is getting the second beta stable enough to be a public beta. So they will take a full 3 weeks to get as much tightened up as possible.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
An opinion in a non-speculative manner? Speculation is just that, opinion. A fact, is a non-speculative matter. So I cannot be guilty of passing off an opinion in a non-speculative matter, because an opinion is subjective, not objective.

Evelyn Harthbrooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
Canada
Highly unlikely. tvOS is not even getting a true update this year. Also the build number is the same, just the version was updated from 15J5284e to 15J5284g. It is probably just an installation issue revision that has been done several times with iOS.
It probably won't be this week, but Apple has developed a schedule. Two weeks between beta 1 and 2. I highly think we'll see Beta 2 next week, not the week after that and then Public Beta 1 with iOS 11 dev beta 3 the week after. However I could be wrong.
[doublepost=1497302690][/doublepost]
An opinion in a non-speculative manner? Speculation is just that, opinion. A fact, is a non-speculative matter. So I cannot be guilty of passing off an opinion in a non-speculative matter, because an opinion is subjective, not objective.
Guys, stop arguing. Jeez. Slow your roll and take a chill pill.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
It probably won't be this week, but Apple has developed a schedule. Two weeks between beta 1 and 2. I highly think we'll see Beta 2 next week, not the week after that and then Public Beta 1 with iOS 11 dev beta 3 the week after. However I could be wrong.

The only reason why I think it will be 3 weeks is because that would be exactly the same as last year. 3 weeks from Beta 1 -> Beta 2, with PB 1 dropping 2 days after DP 2. Because that fits Apple's "Late June" Timeline to the "T".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.