Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadyman

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2015
Yes, same problem. Draining too much battery that I had to turn it off.

Even deactivating, turning off the phone didn’t work

Reactions: BR4DOKYBrazil

umzyi

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2011
UK
Same here. If I disable find my iPhone from privacy, location services and system services, it stops accessing the location data and the arrow disappears. But if I disable from settings, pressing on your name, Find me and find my iPhone, it continues to access location services and the purple arrow is continuously on.

BR4DOKYBrazil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Londrina - PR / Brazil
Same here. If I disable find my iPhone from privacy, location services and system services, it stops accessing the location data and the arrow disappears. But if I disable from settings, pressing on your name, Find me and find my iPhone, it continues to access location services and the purple arrow is continuously on.

Exactly! I noticed that, too!

Last night itaccessed GPS all the time. Today I woke up, removed my iPhone from the charger and STILL didn't access it. I hope it identified something and stops the accesses.

Reactions: umzyi

umzyi

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2011
UK
Same problem here,
Thinking about re-installing everything from iCloud and see if that helps
I did a clean install. I can see the problem on both my iphone 11, partner’s iphone 12. Just need to report to apple so they can fix it asap

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
I have same issue since iOS 14 beta 1 before on 11 pro and now on 12 pro, so annoying,
Feels like it’s something to do with “find my network “ and “send last location” toggle.

shadyman

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2015
I have same issue since iOS 14 beta 1 before on 11 pro and now on 12 pro, so annoying,
Feels like it’s something to do with “find my network “ and “send last location” toggle.

I have turned off all the location services, except for "Find my iPhone". So, at least in my case, it doesn't relate to what you said.

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
I have turned off all the location services, except for "Find my iPhone". So, at least in my case, it doesn't relate to what you said.
This is find my iPhone setting under iCloud, I have all location services off too except find my iPhone.

Reactions: shadyman

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Since 14.2 I have the sign of the green FaceTime camera alert ON even when I just quit FaceTime
and appears on every app I open, but there is not use of the camera.

Last edited:

umzyi

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2011
UK
I may have found a solution (it is too early to tell). I had nhs covid tracking app which i think was the culprit. I deleted the app and find my iPhone stopped tracking location services. If you have any covid tracking app, then try deleting it and see if it makes a difference.

also go to settings, tap on your name, go to find my, then toggle off share my location. Then just there tap on find my iphone, leave find iphone to on but toggle off find my network and send last location. This also helps for me. Now despite find my iPhone is location services being turned on, there is no purple arrow for past hour or so.

BR4DOKYBrazil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Londrina - PR / Brazil
I may have found a solution (it is too early to tell). I had nhs covid tracking app which i think was the culprit. I deleted the app and find my iPhone stopped tracking location services. If you have any covid tracking app, then try deleting it and see if it makes a difference.

also go to settings, tap on your name, go to find my, then toggle off share my location. Then just there tap on find my iphone, leave find iphone to on but toggle off find my network and send last location. This also helps for me. Now despite find my iPhone is location services being turned on, there is no purple arrow for past hour or so.
Have you ever tried to connect or disconnect from a wifi network to see if it accesses your GPS?

Reactions: 0183392

Cancelled
Oct 1, 2011
I’m at work with 4G only (turned of Wi-Fi)

And it keeps using GPS and find my iPhone arrow is purple sometimes
Was way worse yesterday though

hope there is a fix soon

BR4DOKYBrazil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Londrina - PR / Brazil
Yep - no arrow for past 12 hours or soo. Do you have networking and wireless toggle set to on?

No. Just these.

Attachments

• 75C05D53-9AB9-4DD8-93CB-0BBF0B3B4FB8.png
    75C05D53-9AB9-4DD8-93CB-0BBF0B3B4FB8.png
    774.5 KB · Views: 450
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.