Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Unable to edit mistyped phone number using cursor on keypad in Phone App.
The cursor just does not appear, howsoever hard you may try. One has to erase the entire typed number and start afresh with correct digits.
Anyone else?

Reactions: Octavius8

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Unable to edit mistyped phone number using cursor on keypad in Phone App.
The cursor just does not appear, howsoever hard you may try. One has to erase the entire typed number and start afresh with correct digits.
Anyone else?
Same on my 12 Pro, 14.5 B8. Not sure if this was possible before as I rarely manually dial a phone number.

NoGood@Usernames

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2020
United States
I’m on 14.4.2, and this is how it behaves for me. I typed in a phone number, “mixing up” the 5 and 6, typing them backwards. If I hold on the numbers, I get the cursor which I can drop anywhere but when I attempt to delete the 6 and 5 to attempt to add them in the right order, it doesn’t delete from right to left to allow me to modify the mixed up numbers as I would expect. This prevents me from fixing my “mistake” and would require me to delete the number from the end and basically start over anyway...

Octavius8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2016
Does anyone know if this has been reverted in iOS 15?. The Phone by part of my iPhone is the weakest.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Does anyone know if this has been reverted in iOS 15?. The Phone by part of my iPhone is the weakest.
Nope.
iOS 15 behaviour is the same.
you still cannot edit an already typed phone number in phone app.

Norani

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2021
I'm an Apple user and I use a lot for number editing or cursor for mobile money sending and this drives me crazy since iOS 14 latest updates, and I was hoping that iOS 15 will solve it. unfortunately still its same

Reactions: uandme72

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
I'm an Apple user and I use a lot for number editing or cursor for mobile money sending and this drives me crazy since iOS 14 latest updates, and I was hoping that iOS 15 will solve it. unfortunately still its same
Have you submitted feedback.

lukejr

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2011
Ugh same in iOS 16, come on Apple this a basic feature that was there. Very common that international websites add a (0) to numbers so you e to copy the number into notepad, delete the (0) and then copy and paste into phone app 🤯

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.