Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pearsey

Contributor
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
My phone on my end seems fine. Im getting every notification. The issue is that when people send me text messages it tells them that I have notifications silenced.
As far as focus modes- I have deleted them- didnt fix the problem- re-added them- didnt fix the problem so I deleted them again.

8FF62B5E-AA26-4DC3-A0D1-C597B3A89C99.jpeg

Have a little play with focus status, might do something. Also check you don’t have any times set up to come on automatically under do not disturb.

Failing that. Turn iMessage off and on.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hey, I have a question and I couldn’t find a better thread to ask this: is a 4-5% of battery drain overnight normal on iOS 16? Or should I worry? Thank you.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Hey, I have a question and I couldn’t find a better thread to ask this: is a 4-5% of battery drain overnight normal on iOS 16? Or should I worry? Thank you.
Only a 4-5% drop overnight while sleeping? That’s pretty good considering that’s probably over the course of 6-8 hours? My iPhone 14 Pro Max typically drains about 10-15% overnight. It’s all really going to depend on you, though, and what apps you’ve got installed. Some apps might run in the background and drain the battery faster.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Only a 4-5% drop overnight while sleeping? That’s pretty good considering that’s probably over the course of 6-8 hours? My iPhone 14 Pro Max typically drains about 10-15% overnight. It’s all really going to depend on you, though, and what apps you’ve got installed. Some apps might run in the background and drain the battery faster.
Right now I have the iPhone without third party apps, and even without logging onto my iCloud account. That’s why I was a bit worried about that 5% over 8h with zero activity. I hope this improves once I install iOS 16.2

But anyways, as you say, that 5% is not that big of a deal

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
On my 13 mini I have cellular data set to LTE with Low Data Mode enabled, Wi-Fi Assist under Cellular settings switched off, and Networking & Wireless (along with several other settings) under System Location Services disabled. Cellular performance and battery life have been pretty great so far now that I've found the right mix of settings for my device. Judging by the severity of your issues it might be worth trying all or some combination of those settings.
Would you you say the battery life similar to what you had on iOS 15?

alexryans

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2010
Hello everyone!

Bit of a strange one here, I think, so thought I’d throw it out to everyone.

My Sleep Focus seems to be completely disabling itself sometime between 12:30 and 2am every morning, for reasons unknown. I don’t have a Sleep Schedule set, so I just enable the Focus manually when I go to bed, and for the past week or so, it seems to be completely disabling itself at some point between those hours, as my phone’s woke me up a few times and I’ve had to re-enable it again manually, at which point it stays enabled throughout the night until disabled the next morning.

I have a number of automated Shortcuts enabled which run in the early hours of the morning, but none of these interact with Focuses whatsoever (I’ve checked, just in case I added a param by accident), so I’ve disabled those this morning to test if it could be those (will know for sure tomorrow AM), but I’m not convinced it is as they don’t touch Focus statuses.

Any ideas?

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Hello everyone!

Bit of a strange one here, I think, so thought I’d throw it out to everyone.

My Sleep Focus seems to be completely disabling itself sometime between 12:30 and 2am every morning, for reasons unknown. I don’t have a Sleep Schedule set, so I just enable the Focus manually when I go to bed, and for the past week or so, it seems to be completely disabling itself at some point between those hours, as my phone’s woke me up a few times and I’ve had to re-enable it again manually, at which point it stays enabled throughout the night until disabled the next morning.

I have a number of automated Shortcuts enabled which run in the early hours of the morning, but none of these interact with Focuses whatsoever (I’ve checked, just in case I added a param by accident), so I’ve disabled those this morning to test if it could be those (will know for sure tomorrow AM), but I’m not convinced it is as they don’t touch Focus statuses.

Any ideas?
Do you have your status set to be shared across devices? Maybe you have another iDevice or Mac that's somehow triggering to off at that time?

I've had to turn off the sharing across devices because I've got Shortcuts in place on my end to enable Do Not Disturb when I have certain apps open like the Music App or the TV App. I'd still want my Phone to ring or ding a notification from a text, but I don't like it when I'm in Full Screen watching a show on my Mac, and then it slides over to my Home Screen when I get a call, but the show keeps playing off screen...
But, in my case, turning on Focus/DND was also enabling it for my iPad and my iPhone, both right next to me. And then my Wife would come in the room asking why I wasn't responding to her.

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
Does anyone have an issue with “Find My” not allowing selection of their iPhone as the default locate device? Mine won’t let me switch from my iPad …I’m possibly missing a setting somewhere.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Does anyone have an issue with “Find My” not allowing selection of their iPhone as the default locate device? Mine won’t let me switch from my iPad …I’m possibly missing a setting somewhere.
What if you just turn off Find My on all of your iDevices and then turn on the iPhone first? Maybe even turn Find My off on everything, and then even reboot each device, and THEN turn Find My on on the iPhone.

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
What if you just turn off Find My on all of your iDevices and then turn on the iPhone first? Maybe even turn Find My off on everything, and then even reboot each device, and THEN turn Find My on on the iPhone.
Tried that! I even removed it from all of my devices, when I reinstalled it on the iPhone first it remembered every setting.

hasanadeem

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2022
I've switched to iOS eco recently. I'm facing multiple issues on 16.2 with Whatsapp particularly. Whilst listening to WhatsApp voice note from the receiver. The screen doesn't get off immediately(it takes 5-6 secs to turn off the screen) after putting the receiver against the ear and the ear touch scrolls the screen. is it normal?

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
This morning has been a b***** and I have only been up for an hour - ugh.

I have a 13 ProMax, iPad Pro 11 (2020) and a new Apple Watch.

This morning both my iPhone, iPad, and watch have AOD turned on and no control to turn it off.
My watch is asking me to keep holding to display which lasts for about 15 seconds then it goes dark.

Haven’t change any settings lately.
Both the iPhone and iPad are on beta 2.
The watch is not on beta.
This was the first time seeing this behavior.

What am I missing?
I am assuming this has something to do with Sleep Focus.
If I delete the Sleep Focus all is normal.

The Sleep Focus only has:
Allow Notifications from - People: short list, Apps: None
Customize Screens: Sleep Screen is off

Set to the same time frame and Settings as DND
No Filters set up for this.

Any help is appreciated.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
This morning has been a b***** and I have only been up for an hour - ugh.

I have a 13 ProMax, iPad Pro 11 (2020) and a new Apple Watch.

This morning both my iPhone, iPad, and watch have AOD turned on and no control to turn it off.
My watch is asking me to keep holding to display which lasts for about 15 seconds then it goes dark.

Haven’t change any settings lately.
Both the iPhone and iPad are on beta 2.
The watch is not on beta.
This was the first time seeing this behavior.

What am I missing?
I am assuming this has something to do with Sleep Focus.
If I delete the Sleep Focus all is normal.

The Sleep Focus only has:
Allow Notifications from - People: short list, Apps: None
Customize Screens: Sleep Screen is off

Set to the same time frame and Settings as DND
No Filters set up for this.

Any help is appreciated.
I noticed the AOD issue as well when I arrived on my business trip a couple of days ago...it seems to have fixed itself though.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I noticed the AOD issue as well when I arrived on my business trip a couple of days ago...it seems to have fixed itself though.

After the RC release yesterday I reset my Sleep Focus and sadly still have the issue.
It does not appear to have any real battery impact.
At this point unexpected and not something I wanted.
Wish you didn’t have to dig 4 levels deep to turn it off if you get up early.

MisterTibbs

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2018
UK
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help. My girlfriend updated to 16.3 on her 13 mini, which has caused an upsetting problem. In iMessage, the top message thread in her list is dated 31/05/2025, however the most recent message in that thread is actually from 27th November 2015. The worst thing is the message thread is with her Mum, who sadly passed away in December 2015. She wants to keep the texts of course, but not have them at the top of her list every time she receives a text.

I've tried turning iCloud iMessage sync on (it was off) then turning the phone on and off, but nothing is sorting the problem out. I'd really like to try and fix it for her, and hope that someone might know a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help. My girlfriend updated to 16.3 on her 13 mini, which has caused an upsetting problem. The top message thread in her list is dated 31/05/2025, however the most recent message in that thread is actually from 27th November 2015. The worst thing is the message thread is with her Mum, who sadly passed away in December 2015. She wants to keep the messages of course, but not have them at the top of her list every time she gets a message.

I've tried turning iCloud message sync on (it was off) then turning the phone on and off, but nothing is sorting the problem out. I'd really like to try and fix it for her, and hope that someone might know a solution.

Thanks in advance.
I think the simplest solution (as it sounds like this is in her inbox) is to create a folder (maybe call it Mum?) and put all the emails from her Mother into that folder - that way they won't be in her inbox.

That it has an incorrect date is a bit odd...but immaterial if you get it out of the inbox.

MisterTibbs

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2018
UK
I think the simplest solution (as it sounds like this is in her inbox) is to create a folder (maybe call it Mum?) and put all the emails from her Mother into that folder - that way they won't be in her inbox.

That it has an incorrect date is a bit odd...but immaterial if you get it out of the inbox.
Thanks, I just realised that I didn't say that this is in iMessage. I'd better go and edit my original message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.