Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Yep.
This was just the one day when I was traveling. The show on my 15PM.

I spoke too soon.
Got two more alerts. I am sitting in my office..
WTH?
Did you also have them paired with something NOT under your AppleID? I had a pair of Gen1 AirPod pros that I had given to my daughter that did something similar. I had removed them from my AppleID but forgot to delete the pairing I had made with my work phone (an Android)

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Is Music in CarPlay skipping for anyone else?

The only way I’ve found to temporarily resolve it is to disconnect from the car, force quit Music, and hard restart the phone.

Battery life also hasn’t been the greatest. I’m still making it thorough the day but for a brand new phone, I should never be seeing less than 40% by bedtime.

BBDDVV

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014

The only way I’ve found to temporarily resolve it is to disconnect from the car, force quit Music, and hard restart the phone.

Battery life also hasn’t been the greatest. I’m still making it thorough the day but for a brand new phone, I should never be seeing less than 40% by bedtime.
no issues here with music (or anything else) in CarPlay (BMW iD7 (= wireless CarPlay) and Xs)

cigz

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2016

I don't use Apple Music but I can confirm that Spotify skips for me from time to time. There were also times CarPlay connected, disconnected and connected again but that happened to me maybe 3 times since installing 17.4

Also, out of a sudden I stopped getting notifications from some 3rd party apps. At first I thought that might be app's fault but it's not just one app, it's multiple and even hard restart doesn't help. I turned off notifications, turned them back on but still nothing and I'm not sure why.

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Did you also have them paired with something NOT under your AppleID? I had a pair of Gen1 AirPod pros that I had given to my daughter that did something similar. I had removed them from my AppleID but forgot to delete the pairing I had made with my work phone (an Android)

Nope. Just the AirPods Pro and AW Ultra.
I have the APP on my 15PM and iPad Pro. Just seeing this on the 15PM.

Odd….

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
I don't use Apple Music but I can confirm that Spotify skips for me from time to time. There were also times CarPlay connected, disconnected and connected again but that happened to me maybe 3 times since installing 17.4

Also, out of a sudden I stopped getting notifications from some 3rd party apps. At first I thought that might be app's fault but it's not just one app, it's multiple and even hard restart doesn't help. I turned off notifications, turned them back on but still nothing and I'm not sure why.

Having this issue with my AWU. They show on the 15PM but the AWU which is mirrored only shows some Notifications.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
Even after a week now every Morning when I take my phone from the charger my Photos App has some background activity for 30min to 1h. So My battery drains to 96% or 95% without even touching my phone. I never had this before.

• Wow
Reactions: Heymily

Heymily

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2023
Europe
Even after a week now every Morning when I take my phone from the charger my Photos App has some background activity for 30min to 1h. So My battery drains to 96% or 95% without even touching my phone. I never had this before.
did you restart or reset your iPhone?

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
Yes, I restarted my iPhone a few times and also did a forced restart twice. It does not help. I guess the indexing should be done after a week. I am hoping iOS 17.4.1 will come out soon and fix it

elementalwingma

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2014
I'm having to double tap play on my iPhone in Music after switching Airpods from Mac back to the iPhone....A minor complaint in the grand scheme of things but I didn't have this problem on prior verisons...

• Sad
Reactions: Populus

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Screentime limitations dont seem to work on Apps for me. I am kind of addicted to news, so I set a limit of 15 mins for each App, but it’s not kicking in.

Attachments

• IMG_2610.jpeg
    IMG_2610.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 41

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
15PM on Mint Mobile.
Just noticed that all (a lot but maybe not all) my deleted voicemails (from AT&T and Mint) are back in my VM deleted folder and all dated 7/31/2023. 519 of them looking to be from the past couple of years.

Called Mint and they say it isn’t from their end.
Crazy.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010

I reinstalled iOS with the Update function and the ipsw file. The issue seems to be gone now. Very strange.

Reactions: dk001

kristof461

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2023
I reinstalled iOS with the Update function and the ipsw file. The issue seems to be gone now. Very strange.
It has to be some iOS bug. Next time you can try resetting all settings. This option won't erase your data but change all settings to defaults. In most cases it helps because it force every app to reset themselves.
Despite the Apple rhetoric that OTA and ipsw are the same, it is surprising how many “issues” ipsw seems to fix.
But they are not the same. Even when you are talking with Apple Support they admit it. It doesn't mean that you won't get any bug with ipsw.
After more than 15 years with iPhones I know one thing. If you have a bug and you can't fix it with turn off/on and hard reset the new update usually doesn't help. Unless the update fixes this specific issue. Moreover if you want to erase you phone you should set it as new. Backups may (but don't have to) contain all bugs you experienced

Reactions: P_Watt

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014

But they are not the same. Even when you are talking with Apple Support they admit it. It doesn't mean that you won't get any bug with ipsw.
After more than 15 years with iPhones I know one thing. If you have a bug and you can't fix it with turn off/on and hard reset the new update usually doesn't help. Unless the update fixes this specific issue. Moreover if you want to erase you phone you should set it as new. Backups may (but don't have to) contain all bugs you experienced

After a discussion a few of us on here had with Craig, who insisted they were the same despite the evidence we had showing otherwise… Support may be alluding to one thing but management is saying otherwise.

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
Battery life on my 13 Pro is the worst it’s been since 17.x.

This is after full restore and set up from new.

Reactions: Tomas1988
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.