Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Facebook appears to have a slight delay loading images when it starts. Anyone else seeing the same?

Deleted and downloaded the app again and it appears to have fixed my little issue

Last edited:

Claudia P

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2016
After a second update yesterday, late last night, Messenger appears to be working now. :)

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Does ANyone have an issue with snapchat not working properly? The names and everything goes into the dynamic island and unable to hit the x to go back. Didn't have this issue on my 14 pro running IOS17.

805/PW

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2016
SoCal
Any reason (other than profit from selling their own lame tunes) why Apple couldn't simply establish a master "tone list" that could be drawn from for any application that uses alerts?

Ooops! Posted in the wrong subforum. Should be in Missing Customer Tones.
Moderator help!!??!!

vanhalen26

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2018
Calendar doesn’t load all subscribed calendars but I can see the events on my iPad so they are populating, just not on the phone.

And I find the animations when changing apps or opening / closing things to be a bit jerky on iOS 17 with an iPhone pro 14 max.

MrRom92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2021
iOS 17 has basically made Safari incredibly sluggish and unresponsive on my 14 Pro Max

Pages take a significant amount of time to load, often just display a black screen, and seem to be unresponsive for several seconds even after they appear to have loaded - can’t press any links or sometimes can’t even scroll, like I’m not even touching the screen at all.

Seems to only be safari being significantly problematic in this way. I can’t be the only one, no?

MrRom92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2021
Touchscreen bugs
Yup, it’s a pain across any app for me.
It’s not even just in apps - it’s in iOS itself. Just typing in my password to unlock the device routinely results in missed letters that are touched but never typed.
Safari is also extremely unresponsive and laggy in iOS 17, with pages taking forever to load or even appear as if they are loading, and then even touching anything on the page also does nothing for some time after that. Something that was never a problem in any version of iOS 16. Another year of the simplest things that were never a problem somehow getting worse and worse.

Reactions: vtboyarc

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Touchscreen bugs
It’s not even just in apps - it’s in iOS itself. Just typing in my password to unlock the device routinely results in missed letters that are touched but never typed.
Safari is also extremely unresponsive and laggy in iOS 17, with pages taking forever to load or even appear as if they are loading, and then even touching anything on the page also does nothing for some time after that. Something that was never a problem in any version of iOS 16. Another year of the simplest things that were never a problem somehow getting worse and worse.
Or, since I'm not seeing many other similar reports, there may simply be something corrupt in your install or you have an overall configuration causing the problems.

MrRom92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2021
Another problem with iOS 17 - timers no longer tell you what time they will go off! Seems like an intentional change however still a very stupid one which only serves to make the iPhone less functional than it already was, by changing core functionality that has behaved an expected way for well over a decade. Perfect example of an unexpected iOS downgrade.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Another problem with iOS 17 - timers no longer tell you what time they will go off! Seems like an intentional change however still a very stupid one which only serves to make the iPhone less functional than it already was, by changing core functionality that has behaved an expected way for well over a decade. Perfect example of an unexpected iOS downgrade.
If you tap on an active timer in the app you can see when it ends.

Reactions: jagooch

MrRom92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2021
If you tap on an active timer in the app you can see when it ends.
I see, thank you for the tip - however, still a downgrade IMO as this requires a series of button presses (and an interruption to what you were already in the middle of doing) everytime you ask Siri to set a timer, whereas this crucial bit of information was previously displayed to you immediately.

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD
1Blocker is not working in Safari. All the ads on pages still display. This was not the case in iOS 16.

User error. It's working now.

Last edited:

ms.annette

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
SoCal
Which apps? Which phone? Which version of iOS? And do you mean your iPhone is locking up since it requires a hard restart?
Sorry didn’t add details. I have an iPhone 14 pro max. So usually Instagram will freeze up and then my other apps will start to freeze up as well, including messages and safari. I’m then unable to restart my phone the normal way. I have to do a hard restart every time to fix the issues. Apple is supposed to call me today. They tested my hardware and it’s fine.

cab62

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2023
The NHL app shows me score like in the picture. When I was on ios16 it worked well but after updating ios17 it started showing just The content couln’d be loaded.
I thought the app update or ios update would fix it but it didn’t.
Anyone else has the same issue?
iphone se 2022 ios 17.0.3

Attachments

• IMG_0536.png
    IMG_0536.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 57
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.