Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a.borque

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
Hello!
In previous versions of iOS, I saw an overlay when I connected my AirPods Pro via Bluetooth. It showed the charging status of the case and the left and right AirPods. After updating to 17.x, I no longer see this overlay. Is this a bug in iOS or is it just me? And where else can I get charging status information?

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
To get that view, you need to open the AirPods case, leave the AirPods inside, and do all that while you keep the case physically close to the iPhone. Then it will appear.

Reactions: addamas

a.borque

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
This is what I am doing and what worked until I updated to 17.x. Unfortunately I do not see this overlay anymore. Neither on my iPhone, nor on my iPad. And neither with AirPod firmware 5E nor after the update to 6A.

a.borque

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
Hi!
Removing the AirPods completely (ignore) and re-pairing them did not change it.
Because the AirPods are working normally aside from this I think I will not reset more settings unless someone has a specific idea what might be wrong. Perhaps 17.2 or later brings some (undocumented) fix. It would not be the first time for me that a point release changes something in bluetooth without documentation and fixes a problem…

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Hi!
Removing the AirPods completely (ignore) and re-pairing them did not change it.
Because the AirPods are working normally aside from this I think I will not reset more settings unless someone has a specific idea what might be wrong. Perhaps 17.2 or later brings some (undocumented) fix. It would not be the first time for me that a point release changes something in bluetooth without documentation and fixes a problem…
What a weird problem for you. Unfortunately after reading your post I tried my AirPods Pro 2 on my iPad Air and it didn’t pop up as well. Luckily re-starting my iPad fixed it.

a.borque

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
@BugeyeSTI : Sorry for my misleading omission, but indeed I did the complete procedure with removing, resetting and re-pairing the AirPods.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

a.borque

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
A short update: after updating to 17.2.1 the overlay is back again, though it always appears a bit delayed. I missed 17.2 and went directly to 17.2.1, but I did not make any further attempts or changes to solve the problem. Whatever it was, it is fixed for me by this update

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.