Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJWalker24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
I was skeptical about updating to iOS 6 when I had issues with updating to iOS 5. I decided to finally give it a try and now everything on my iPad is stalling. I get time out messages when trying to find "purchased" apps in the app store as well as when I try to update apps in the update section. Certain websites hang. Face book and other social media and games won't update status/messages/news-feeds or gaming turns. Most Media players won't work and keep telling me that the player needs to be shut down and turned back on or that there is no connection when my icon and wifi status clearly show there is. I am disappointed and can't figure out how to fix this.

Anyone have this problem? How did you get this fixed? :(

I have the second version of the iPad

BJWalker24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
Why am I going to your blog? Are there answers there? If so link them. I won't sift through it looking.

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
Why am I going to your blog? Are there answers there? If so link them. I won't sift through it looking.

The link to his blog is in his signature. He simply recommended that you do a DFU restore. To do this, put your device in DFU mode and connect to iTunes to complete the restore.

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013

Rude reply.

Anything under that line is a signature. You will find it in only about 80% of all posters on pretty much every forum that exists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.