Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Hi,guys! I just updated my ipod touch 5g to ios 7.1 beta 1 and when I slide on the welcome screen it gives me an activation error!!!! Please tell me how to bypass that and access ios 7.1 really fast without having to do complicated things. Please please please! I will highly apreciate that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How did you upgrade to iOS 7.1 beta 1? It expired like a moth or so ago and wouldn't work at all.

As for the whole activation check, to use betas your device has to be registered as part of a developer account, and if it's not then it won't work.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi,guys! I just updated my ipod touch 5g to ios 7.1 beta 1 and when I slide on the welcome screen it gives me an activation error!!!! Please tell me how to bypass that and access ios 7.1 really fast without having to do complicated things. Please please please! I will highly apreciate that.

As C DM says, beta 1 expired over a month ago. There would be no way to use it.

To solve your other issue, you must now be a registered iOS developer, you can no longer use the upgrade trick. Apple is now checking your UDID for every iOS beta update.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
As C DM says, beta 1 expired over a month ago. There would be no way to use it.

To solve your other issue, you must now be a registered iOS developer, you can no longer use the upgrade trick. Apple is now checking your UDID for every iOS beta update.

Can't I bypass the activation screen like they do it on iphone-with emergency call and then voice over but on ipod touch. Isn't there some way? I can't possibly register my UDID cause I don't have a credit card.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Can't I bypass the activation screen like they do it on iphone-with emergency call and then voice over but on ipod touch. Isn't there some way? I can't possibly register my UDID cause I don't have a credit card.

There's no way to bypass it anymore, even on iPhone.

Curun

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013

Recovery mode, restore. Very easy and not complicated.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Nice try, Beta 1 expired a long time ago, none of the betas work without a registered UDID anymore.

gglittle

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
Nice try, Beta 1 expired a long time ago, none of the betas work without a registered UDID anymore.

Actually, even a registered UDID cannot install an expired Beta. I tried that this morning, thinking I could install 7.1 b2, and then roll over to the latest beta via the betas updates. It stalled at activation on the iPad, so I bit the bullet, downloaded iPad 2 beta 5, updated, and it worked fine.

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
Actually, even a registered UDID cannot install an expired Beta. I tried that this morning, thinking I could install 7.1 b2, and then roll over to the latest beta via the betas updates. It stalled at activation on the iPad, so I bit the bullet, downloaded iPad 2 beta 5, updated, and it worked fine.

I believe he just means you can't install any betas without a registered UDID. You used to be able to install betas without a registered UDID, any they (Apple) closed the loop.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013

The above post is what I meant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.