Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkeaser360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
ok so i got the ios 7 bootlegged (yes i know its illegal and i have much regret) and everything was going great untill i turned it off and it got stuck in the apple logo. after that i restored to the ios 7 ipsw and i have a verification error that i never got. i know i just messed myself up doing that and it sucks. i tried restoring to ios 6.1.3 and i kept getting errors, i tried the same with ios 7 and same results. i even went to another computer! i have the latest itunes updates and i have no problem getting it into recovery mode. PLEASE HELP!!!! :apple:
Device: iPod Touch 5G 32GB Red

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
I've never been confronted with tis problem. I wish I could do more to help.

All I would tell you to do is put it in DFU (Recovery Mode) and restore completely to iOS 6.1.3.

Others may have another method but thats just me. Give it a shot

jkeaser360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Just did that, same results but a different error

:apple:

----------

i went into restore mode and got error 1611 multiple times after the prepering device stage
the same thing happened whenever i tried DFU mode but with error 21

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Have you tried restoring to iOS 6.1.4? I'm assuming you know how to enter DFU mode and then shift restore to browse to the IPSW

smotania

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
Boston, MA, USA
Probably you dont put your device in DFU mode google it and you should be able to restore to the latest version for your device. You have messed it up because u didnt read the instruction and because this beta is not meant for all the people who think that they know how to manage everything until they screw it up ;) no hard feelings. So do as i said and you should be fine ;)

P.s download the firmware separately and use restore with shift/option button to choose the file ;)
Good luck

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Its an iPod Touch. It cant go to iOS 6.1.3. 6.1.4 is iPhone 5 only if im not mistaken

Try to manually download the IPSW for the latest ipod touch build and shift-restore to it? is it possible the version it's trying to restore to prior to iOS 7 is corrupt?

jkeaser360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Tried all that

i tried all of that. i really apreciate the help but i think i have to send it to a professional. how do i do that though?
you can still post answers if u think it can help

smotania

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
Boston, MA, USA
You just dont put the phone in DFU that is the reason for your failure. There is another think that might cause the drama and it is a hardware failure, but the chances are close to 0. ;) so keep tryin until u have success ;) dont give up ;) the professionals will do the same put it at Dfu and restore it ;)

jkeaser360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Tried 20 Times

i tried that about 20 times and same results, is there any way to go and like manually restore, like another program? i tried semi restore and redsn0w

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
i tried that about 20 times and same results, is there any way to go and like manually restore, like another program? i tried semi restore and redsn0w

Nope, your only hope is to get it into DFU mode.

Take off any case if you have one.

It's hold both power and home for 10 seconds, let go of power while keeping your finger on home for 3.

It's easier on a Windows machine. On Windows, the speakers beep whenever a USB device is connected/disconnected. So it goes like:

Connect your device (beep)
Press power and home until you hear a slightly different beep
Let go of power but continue holding home until you hear the first beep

At that point, iTunes will say it has found a device in recovery mode. Then you can restore to iOS 6.

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
Why is the OP also posting as WhackyNinja?

And Gone to sh&t...? I think OPs sense of entitlement is into overdrive! What a nerve to illegally do this and then complain about it.

Hope you fix it, but stop complaining about it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Why is the OP also posting as WhackyNinja?

And Gone to sh&t...? I think OPs sense of entitlement is into overdrive! What a nerve to illegally do this and then complain about it.

Hope you fix it, but stop complaining about it.
Where do you see that? :confused:

jkeaser360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Ill try again

ill try again i guess, mabe ill get lucky. i will post results

----------

i went into DFU and tried the restore, it extracts and makes the connect and disconnect noise and then comes up with error 21 during the preparing device stage, before the error comes up it restarts back into ios 7 and goes into recovery

Jeffrey Jeff

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2013
You just dont put the phone in DFU that is the reason for your failure. There is another think that might cause the drama and it is a hardware failure, but the chances are close to 0. ;) so keep tryin until u have success ;) dont give up ;) the professionals will do the same put it at Dfu and restore it ;)

;)

smotania

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
Boston, MA, USA
Error 21 is a disruption between your computer and gs.apple servers.

Check your firewall, security, etc.

Also check your hosts file by navigating to HDD/etc/hosts.plist and open it. Make sure the following is not there: #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

If it's there, remove it and save. Put your phone in DFU mode and restore.

jkeaser360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
i have windows

i dont know what to do, i assume you are giving me mac directions

----------

my cord is also a little messed up to where i need to wiggle it to use it, does that matter?

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

----------

my cord is also a little messed up to where i need to wiggle it to use it, does that matter?

The instructions to go into DFU mode are the same.

And yes a busted cord would matter. You need a solid connection for it to possible work. And it is still doesn't then that is the price you get to pay for bootlegging a pre-release software

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

----------

This is the instructions for Win 7, but I think it's similar fot other versions of windows.
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-hosts-file/

And yes, you definitely need a good cable. If the connection is loose, that could definitely cause the errors you are getting.

jkeaser360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Thanks

i did all the steps to find the hosts file and it wasnt there, i will try a new cord, thanks for all your help everyone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.