Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadyriley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Visual Voicemail will transcribe your voicemail so you can read it right from the app.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
You predicting new feature?

Don't get your description of it though. Can explain more detailed?:confused:

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I have this with my home voice mail and love it...get a voice mail at home and an email is sent instantly with the transcribed message.

I could then get away with "reading" voicemails in meetings without having to put the phone up to my ear or people hearing it.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
I have this with my home voice mail and love it...get a voice mail at home and an email is sent instantly with the transcribed message.

I could then get away with "reading" voicemails in meetings without having to put the phone up to my ear or people hearing it.

Oh I see. I don't think this feature will involve the carriers right?

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
I'd like to see Visual Voicemail actually available for a few more carriers! Certainly here in the UK.

I might be wrong, but I think it's only available on O2-UK....It's the one thing I've missed since moving to EE.

brylliant

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
I'd like to see Visual Voicemail actually available for a few more carriers! Certainly here in the UK.

I might be wrong, but I think it's only available on O2-UK....It's the one thing I've missed since moving to EE.

You are right - it's only on O2-UK. It sucks. They need it on EE and more carriers here! Would love that.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I thought AT&T offers transcription for a fee, maybe I'm wrong. There are services to get it, but it costs extra. I would love this as well. I've thought about using google voice for this, but its terrible at transcribing them. Usually you can figure it out from what they send, but barely.

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
I have this with Google Voice. It's nice. Usually accurate enough to get the point of the message without listening.

I hope Google Voice (and the proposed Apple variant) is better than the Microsoft transcription service built into Lync. It's like a bad game of Mad Libs for most voice messages. I usually have to go back and listen to the message just to figure out what was intended.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
It would be cool if you could add voicemails into folders. For example 'Work VoiceMails' and you would add all your work vm to that folder.

gc916

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
I use Google Voice in place of the default voice mail on my iPhone. Transcription is sufficient, but far from perfect.

In the past, I used YouMail on my Palm Pre, and it worked pretty well. It's also available for iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.