Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gazebushka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
I've noticed that, when I wake up during the night, sometimes my iPhone 11 Pro screen is slightly lit-up and won't dim itself.
Is that an iOS 16 beta thing/bug? I'm on iOS 16.0 (20A5312j)

It only happens when the phone is on charger and started happening on iOS 16 beta.

PXL_20220807_003732843.jpg

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I've seen this also on one of the earlier betas. I haven't experienced it on the more recent releases.

DoctorMesmer

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2021
I realise this is an old thread but did you get to the bottom of this?

My 11 Pro Max has started doing the same thing (possibly coincides with update to 17.4.1). One thing i did notice is that Standby was turned on, which I’ve just switched off. I’m crossing my fingers that this fixes it, as my battery has been tanking since then too.

Mgdis4me82

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2020
I’m having the same problem! Pretty sure it started with iOS 17.4 for me. Some time I’ll open my eyes in the middle of the night while my phone is charging (doesn’t matter wired or wireless) and my iPhone 11 Pro screen will be “kind of” on. The screen is on but the wallpaper is black, no time on the screen, the flashlight and camera button are there, the battery icon is there, the Wi-Fi symbol is there and the Verizon letters are there. When I press the power button, it then, turns the lock screen on as it normally would. Also when this happens my messages stop coming to my watch, I still get other notifications but no messages and the messages don’t sync between my watch and my phone. I have to turn off my phone or watch Bluetooth, wait for the watch to disconnect then turn Bluetooth back on. At that point the watch starts syncing messages again. I recently updated the iOS to 17.5 rc beta. The first two days my phone didn’t turn on overnight but just last night it came on again so I guess it’s not fixed.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
I’m having the same problem! Pretty sure it started with iOS 17.4 for me. Some time I’ll open my eyes in the middle of the night while my phone is charging (doesn’t matter wired or wireless) and my iPhone 11 Pro screen will be “kind of” on. The screen is on but the wallpaper is black, no time on the screen, the flashlight and camera button are there, the battery icon is there, the Wi-Fi symbol is there and the Verizon letters are there. When I press the power button, it then, turns the lock screen on as it normally would. Also when this happens my messages stop coming to my watch, I still get other notifications but no messages and the messages don’t sync between my watch and my phone. I have to turn off my phone or watch Bluetooth, wait for the watch to disconnect then turn Bluetooth back on. At that point the watch starts syncing messages again. I recently updated the iOS to 17.5 rc beta. The first two days my phone didn’t turn on overnight but just last night it came on again so I guess it’s not fixed.
Is it not the "standby" feature that's enabled?
Baiscally,phone on the side and charging it will show clock, widgets and so on.

Check under settings, Standby and disable the feature.

Mgdis4me82

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2020
Ah ok, just wanted to make sure it wasn't turned on if you didn't know about the feature.
Maybe its a bug then. You have any odd old software such as alarmclock or similar running.
Thank you! No not much has changed on my phone. There’s a few other posts about it on Reddit but not a whole lot.

Mgdis4me82

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2020
Ah ok, just wanted to make sure it wasn't turned on if you didn't know about the feature.
Maybe its a bug then. You have any odd old software such as alarmclock or similar running.
Thank you! No not much has changed on my phone. There’s a few other posts about it on Reddit but not a whole lot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.