Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brunozs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Lately I've been noticing somethings quite strange. My iPhone 11 Pro (battery health rated 91%) is loosing 30% of its charge even with both Airplane and Low Energy mode ON.

What could it be?

I'm on iOS 14.5.1

Attachments

• IMG_5113E6F9B6EA-1.jpeg
    IMG_5113E6F9B6EA-1.jpeg
    548 KB · Views: 86

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Try force quitting all apps before retiring it for the night. Airplane mode in control center no longer switches off WiFi and Bluetooth too - you've got to toggle them off separately.
But if everything is toggled off - the phone can't do anything but show the time. Might as well just turn it off

dasjati

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2020
When is the last time you rebooted your phone? You could have a stuck process that has been running. Try resetting network settings and reboot.
Just wanted to second that: Restart your phone. It's a computer.

You also cut off the screenshot at the part where it tells you which apps/features have used how much battery ;)

To "force quit" all your apps doesn't make much sense. Most of the apps in that list are not even active, but just listed there. That only makes sense if a specific app is behaving strangely.

But just restart it and see if that solves the problem.

Reactions: dz5b609

brunozs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
When is the last time you rebooted your phone? You could have a stuck process that has been running. Try resetting network settings and reboot.
Try force quitting all apps before retiring it for the night. Airplane mode in control center no longer switches off WiFi and Bluetooth too - you've got to toggle them off separately.
But if everything is toggled off - the phone can't do anything but show the time. Might as well just turn it off
Just wanted to second that: Restart your phone. It's a computer.

You also cut off the screenshot at the part where it tells you which apps/features have used how much battery ;)

To "force quit" all your apps doesn't make much sense. Most of the apps in that list are not even active, but just listed there. That only makes sense if a specific app is behaving strangely.

But just restart it and see if that solves the problem.

I've tried that. It seemed to have worked. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.