Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maryverena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2024
My iPhone 13 Pro Max does not sync the photos into iCloud, while my iPhone 14 with exactly the same operating system iOS 17.4.1 and iCloud syncs all photos into the iCloud without fault. Yesterday I checked with the Apple Service Centre sharing my iPhone screen and the Apple Service Centre confirmed that everything is set up properly, and that I also have enough storage. They will call me back tomorrow, Sunday 21rst April 2024, as they said that this is a glitch with the software which many users encounter. My iCloud is English, and I bought the phone in Spain. The phone in question which does not sync, is an iPhone 13 Pro Max with one TB of storage. It has an English physical SIM card and a Spanish e-SIM. I have another phone, which I bought in the UK and which runs with the same iCloud and operating system, and this does sync perfectly with my iCloud photos. Does anybody have had similar problem?

Could it be down to hardware or at least
? Apple tells me it is a software / operating system glitch, which they are going to fix, but if I wait too long my warranty will run out. I just ask why another hardware ie. my iPhone 14 does not have any problems syncing my photos when running with the same iCloud and exactly the same operating system?

planetf1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
Hampshire, UK
I don’t know if it’s related but I lost photos today. I am using the 17.5 beta though

Took around 40 photos. iCloud was set to backup photos including via mobile data with no limits and I had good fast coverage, most l plenty of 5g .

1-2 hours later I went to look at the photos and could see them in the app but all were very blurry like low res thumbnails. (Even though the photo info showed they were full resolution)

I decided to reboot. After which the photos were nowhere to be seen either on phone or iCloud.

Needed to say I wasn’t happy

So your photos look normal. Are they sharp?

• Wow
Reactions: Dylan33x

maryverena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2024
This interesting, at some point they were blurry now they are sharp. But my iPhone 13 Max still does not sync the photos. I bought my first Apple Mac Laptop in 1992 and own every device Apple from MacBooks to the watches to the iPad and phones, but if it does not sync properly I am now for the first time in my life considering to leave the Apple Mac Ecosystem altogether.

maryverena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2024
Does Image Capture show the photos by any chance?
Hi I will try this - I cannot do this at the moment as I am backing up my iphone with a CABLE - like in my old student days (last millennium). But what I tried is that I searched for one of the IMGs which did not sync by name ie IMG_1234 and as it happens there already was another IMG one - an old one - with exactly this number. The Apple support did admit today that it is a hardware / operating system incompatibility when I told them that the iPhone 13 Max does not sync with either my Spanish iCloud nor my English one but my iPhone 14 DOES sync with the same Mac Book Pro and the same iOS operating system 17.4.1 and the same iCloud perfectly well. Not that Apple Care is doing anything about it, they are playing for time. But I like your suggestion and will try to use Image Capture the moment my pre-historic sync via cable has finished ..... Thank you for helping me here! Ah and Apple Care also told me not to read any posts on websites like macrumors ......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.