Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
Does anyone have the black and blue FW? If so which do you prefer? I might order a new one because the fit isn’t great and not sure whether to go for black again or try the blue
I have both. Currently using the Blue, but I also like the black. I could make a side to side pic with the black and blue one, if that makes it easier for you.

Reactions: aldo82

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Does anyone have the black and blue FW? If so which do you prefer? I might order a new one because the fit isn’t great and not sure whether to go for black again or try the blue
I have tried both and they’re both decent colours. It’s down to personal preference.

The thing I like with the black is the woven material on the back had slight grey tinge to it which looked great with the NT

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I have tried both and they’re both decent colours. It’s down to personal preference.

The thing I like with the black is the woven material on the back had slight grey tinge to it which looked great with the NT
I have NT too and agreed that the grey of the ‘black’ case works well with it

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
How do you guys think sales are doing for these? I’m still angry about the cases to be honest. It feels like the consumer is getting duped. But, maybe I didn’t give it a fair shake, I don’t know.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
These are a much better case here in the heat/humidity, and with wet hands than the leather cases ever were.
They were a sticky mess.

Reactions: alecgold

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
How do you guys think sales are doing for these? I’m still angry about the cases to be honest. It feels like the consumer is getting duped. But, maybe I didn’t give it a fair shake, I don’t know.

they'd be getting duped if it was advertised as leather and wasn't.

this is advertised as what it is, and just sold at a premium. it's not like apple's leather cases were lauded either. doesn't have to be a trick or a lie for a product to be subpar.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I prefer the FW to the leather cases apple used to offer so I don’t think the customer is being duped at all. I think the price is too high but that’s apple for you and nobody is forced to buy it

Reactions: alecgold

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Evergreen on NT. Blame the iPad for the darkness

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpeg
    IMG_0143.jpeg
    504.8 KB · Views: 241

babalougots

macrumors regular
May 5, 2021
Buy one and try it. I think the return window might be longer, too, given its the holidays. Standard return window is 14 days. I've been happy with mine but did not come from the leather case. I had the silicone case.

mouzouris

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2020
Anyone who owns the Finewoven and the caudabe sheath. Which is the thinner between the two?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Another user back in a FineWoven here too.

Love my YMW nappa but have been yearning for Apple's slimness and buttons - the YMW is slightly thicker and the buttons sit prouder.

Really liking this at the moment.

Evergreen FW and grey YMW Nappa on rotation
My FW is going back to Apple today.

Whilst I was prepared for the wear and tear etc I wasn't expecting it so soon. The edge of the fabric has already started to discolour/wear off. I tried to clean it in case it was dirt but defintiely not.

Shame as they're such nice cases to use!

Reactions: sammjordan

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
I got a silicone magsafe case of a color of my liking for my 15 PM ($10) and couldn't have been more happier. Apple can shove these "finewoven" overpriced plastic trash where sun don't shine Lmao.

Reactions: sammjordan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.