Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I would like to see a better durability. It’s not ok to have a battery which only lasts 500 cycles. For the very high prices I expect the battery to last at least 5 years.

All you have to do is not charge to 100% but rather to 80%. You’ll likely double your cycle life by doing that.

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
No. Longer lasting battery is not what is naturally needed. At least not needed by the majority of users. My guess is that with the 15s most users are like me, and do not want a heavier, thicker or lower-performing iPhone to obtain a longer lasting battery.

Like I posted above: Folks who need more battery can buy add-on banks, or improve their usage/charging habits. Magsafe makes charging effortless for those users willing to think and preplace chargers at appropriate locations. In my case a charger on my home office desk and another in my car easily keep the 15 PM (and the 14P before that) charged; I do not even need to have a Magsafe pad on the nightstand next to my bed, except one for the Apple Watch.

There are users, mostly kids, who do not have access to charging except at night. Those who lack access to power and use an iPhone 15 so hard so constantly in one day that the battery runs out before bedtime really need to buy add-on battery storage, not whine about wanting Apple to degrade its phones to suit their extreme use cases.
So good for Apple to have such great customers who celebrate and advocate all the stuff Apple carelessly provides ;) just with few cosmetic "as if" improvements.

• Haha
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

interstella

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2013
Suffolk, England
Compared to my last two iPhones (12 Mini and 13 Pro) I'm delighted with the battery life of the 15 Pro Max. I usually end the day with at least 40% battery left. Ok, I'm not the world's heaviest user but the 12 and 13 would be down to 15% with my normal usage.

Reactions: Allen_Wentz

Tripps9000

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2021
from what understand people find ways to complain about how had battery life is on every new iPhone generation this has been going on ever since the original iPhone to me it is how the user is using there phone that the battery might be loosening power 😂🤣

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
So good for Apple to have such great customers who celebrate and advocate all the stuff Apple carelessly provides ;) just with few cosmetic "as if" improvements.
Yes Apple has earned some good customers like me. And IMO the annual improvements are not just a "few cosmetic "as if" improvements." You are of course welcome to simply ignore the new models for as many years as you like; forever even.

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
Simply said (and concluding): Battery life of iPhone 15 Pro Max is the same as iPhone 13 Pro Max. It means Apple did not care at all to make any improvement of battery life within two years. Adding few more pixels on camera etc. is just a fun. But who cares - after all those big presentations ...

xnview

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2013
Simply said (and concluding): Battery life of iPhone 15 Pro Max is the same as iPhone 13 Pro Max. It means Apple did not care at all to make any improvement of battery life within two years. Adding few more pixels on camera etc. is just a fun. But who cares - after all those big presentations ...
I don’t really get why you’re disappointed? Apple has not announced any big battery improvements since your 13 pm, so why would it be expected to have better battery performance?
I get that you don’t care about any other feature improvements, and obviously the battery performance is the main feature for you, maybe you should consider the 15 plus instead? It has a better real usage battery, but there will not be any big improvements, as long as we’re using lithium batteries.
It’s funny that you compare the phones today to old time Nokias battery life, I mean they were so simple with basically no features other than texting and calling, and if those two things alongside battery life, is the only thing that matters, why not go into low power mode, or get a handheld that can’t handle other features?

Reactions: Allen_Wentz

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
I don’t really get why you’re disappointed? Apple has not announced any big battery improvements since your 13 pm, so why would it be expected to have better battery performance?
I get that you don’t care about any other feature improvements, and obviously the battery performance is the main feature for you, maybe you should consider the 15 plus instead? It has a better real usage battery, but there will not be any big improvements, as long as we’re using lithium batteries.
It’s funny that you compare the phones today to old time Nokias battery life, I mean they were so simple with basically no features other than texting and calling, and if those two things alongside battery life, is the only thing that matters, why not go into low power mode, or get a handheld that can’t handle other features?
It should be just natural to improve such a basic thing as battery life in a mobile phone. But of course not so easy as those other things that are more or less the same as before.

• Haha
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
Do you even own an iPhone? The 15 PM is far more competent than the 13 PM, not simply a "few more pixels..." The 15 PM battery is tasked much heavier than the 13 PM was, duh. And the 13 PM weighs more.

Improving performance and reducing weight without reducing (currently totally acceptable) battery life is what most users want, exactly what Apple should be doing.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
It should be just natural to improve such a basic thing as battery life in a mobile phone. But of course not so easy as those other things that are more or less the same as before.
can't have both, I prefer less weight and size than more battery, if you can't get a full day out of a max phone you have bigger issues lol

jtgil

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2020
Hamburg

I didn’t want to get involved but…

According to the laws of physics and common sense, if:
1. the battery last the same time with the same battery size (as your 13PM)
2. the 15PM has upwards +30% in performance overall difference (to your 13PM) (~15% to 14PM)

The obvious conclusion and reality is that Apple *DID* really take seriously *AND* delivered on battery life improvements as they should.

Now:
1. Is this going to cater to all users? No
2. Does this mean they didn’t deliver? No

Everyone should calm the F down. There is so much the rules of the universe allows us to improve…

Case closed

Reactions: Honza1 and uczcret

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
But battery life on the 13 Pro Max is incredible! How much do you need? With efficient usage you can get north of 20 hours of screen-on time, do you really need more than that?

klspahr

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2013
Central PA
If Apple made an ‘extended battery life’ model where the camera lenses were flush with the back of the phone and that extra space was filled with batteries - I would by that every time. I don’t care about a couple of grams or a bit more thickness. I dislike the bump on the back much more.

I charge to 80% and rarely run low on battery, but would love to have more capacity just in case it would be needed.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
If Apple made an ‘extended battery life’ model where the camera lenses were flush with the back of the phone and that extra space was filled with batteries - I would by that every time. I don’t care about a couple of grams or a bit more thickness. I dislike the bump on the back much more.

I charge to 80% and rarely run low on battery, but would love to have more capacity just in case it would be needed.
Is it because of the bump? Because I think battery life has been more than enough (on original iOS versions) since at least the iPhone Xʀ. Unless you’re the heaviest of users, you’re not running out of battery in one day with any iPhone since.

loewelion

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2023
People disappointed here for getting a SOT of 12 hours, mine with everything disabled gets max 8h SOT. Just by doing basic tasks.
The guy from the apple store told me everything is good.
How can I convince them to replace my 15 PM? I am really disappointed

Chrisjmv

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2016
Same here. Getting around 7-8h max SOT with iPhone 15 PM. Almost everything notifications disabled. Did clean install without backup…

• Haha
Reactions: Mistletoe66

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
IMG_4475.jpeg
I've been amazed by the battery life on mine! I did turn off the always on display, but apparently that's not a terrible battery drain anyway.

Reactions: Chidoro
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.