Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Torras cuts into your screen—new or old version; WSKEN doesn’t; Flolab might depending on your luck of the draw.
My Torras ever so slightly cuts in but barely anything noticeble over time. I do have to say it’s the most durable screen protector I‘ve ever used.

bruno7

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
Prague, Czech Republic
Hi,

Can anyone explain to me why so many glass protectors have black edges? I've always had a glass on my iPhone and all of them were clear.
Going from 12 Mini to 15 last week, I bought Omoton glass from Amazon. Had them before so I gave it a try.
As for durability, coating, smudges etc they are really good - and it was about $10 for 3-pack. Sapphire glass cameras covers included.
However - it doesn't cover the whole screen, of course. I'm using Spigen Liquid Air and there are gaps on all sides.
Thinking about trying a new glass but I don't really like the black edges of Torras and similar.

Any suggestions for full edge to edge no black border glass? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_7149.jpeg
    IMG_7149.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 33

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
Hi,

Can anyone explain to me why so many glass protectors have black edges? I've always had a glass on my iPhone and all of them were clear.
Going from 12 Mini to 15 last week, I bought Omoton glass from Amazon. Had them before so I gave it a try.
As for durability, coating, smudges etc they are really good - and it was about $10 for 3-pack. Sapphire glass cameras covers included.
However - it doesn't cover the whole screen, of course. I'm using Spigen Liquid Air and there are gaps on all sides.
Thinking about trying a new glass but I don't really like the black edges of Torras and similar.

Any suggestions for full edge to edge no black border glass? ;)
If they don’t have black edges, they can’t go further to the edge of the phone without showing an “air bubble” all around the bezel.

The black border has adhesive and hides this, creating a more seamless look—sometimes at the expense of cutting into the screen.

bruno7

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
Prague, Czech Republic
Just discovered a brand called Benks.

Installation in a steamy bathroom - 5 minutes.

Fits perfectly all the way to the edges.

And it's even fine with my Spigen Liquid Air case!

There is only 1 piece of glass with the installation kit in the package, but the price was about $10.

I will gladly buy a new one if this one gets damaged.

Benks

Attachments

• IMG_7416.jpeg
    IMG_7416.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7419.jpeg
    IMG_7419.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 16

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
Just discovered a brand called Benks.

Installation in a steamy bathroom - 5 minutes.

Fits perfectly all the way to the edges.

And it's even fine with my Spigen Liquid Air case!

There is only 1 piece of glass with the installation kit in the package, but the price was about $10.

I will gladly buy a new one if this one gets damaged.

Benks
That the GlassWarrior or GlassArmor?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.