Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dark_Omen

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2021
Apple could just make a phone for adults instead of for children.

Only children post heavily photoshopped selfies on Snapchat 24/7 with the easter egg colored phones.

Make an ultra model with neutral colors and a back that's flush with the camera (the back is so ugly on the current models). Screen size? 7 inches.

Reactions: mvdrl

sleeptodream

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2022
They need a gym membership then, if they think phones are too heavy 🙄 It's so pathetic.
There are women out there that buy iPhones too. We have less muscle mass whether we exercise or not. Relative to men all things are heavier.

I’m pretty athletic for a woman and my Pro Max was heavy, it made my wrist and hand hurt…

Reactions: dustin_ and McWetty

Dark_Omen

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2021
There are women out there that buy iPhones too. We have less muscle mass whether we exercise or not. Relative to men all things are heavier.

I’m pretty athletic for a woman and my Pro Max was heavy, it made my wrist and hand hurt…
A phone is literally less than 2 lbs. They would be lighter if one didn't have to put a bulky case on it to keep the camera flush with the rest of the phone.

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
Apple has lost the plot completely.

This is a sure way to make your product a commodity.

Sneakz

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I might be in the minority here but I’d appreciate a modern iPhone with an iPhone 6-like thinness. It wouldn’t have great battery life, but it would feel great to hold and fit so well in pants pockets. More of a fashion piece, form over function. I bet it would sell decently.

It would probably still have a sizeable camera bump, there’s just no escaping that.

deevey

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2004
They needed to do something (beyond an extra lens) that really differentiates between the Pro / Standard models in order make the standard model sell again and compel people to update from their 12/13/14's.

They make more profit margin on standard models than P/PM models.

whiteashsaturday

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2020
I purchased a cell enabled Apple Watch 41mm, so I could stop carrying my iPhone at all. They are becoming too heavy, like digital cameras. Who wants to carry a digital camera in their pocket constantly. Some of us just want an iPhone with a good camera, slim design, 6-8hr battery life, and be done with it.

We have no need for 3D online multi-player streaming games to have a 6,800 mAh battery to give us 120fps 3d shooters. Just plug it in to an external battery already.

The 12 and 13mini were a nice shot, but there were hardware faults in the series 12, and series 13 just got heavier.

iPhoneSE2020 (1821 mAh) is about the size and weight I'd want, it needs to be a one-handed device.

Most likely skipping the iPhone 16 as well, unless they pull a pretty big move to weight-minded designs, and surprise everyone by a year.

sleeptodream

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2022
A phone is literally less than 2 lbs. They would be lighter if one didn't have to put a bulky case on it to keep the camera flush with the rest of the phone.
The average bench press and curl for women is like half that of men. Imagine doubling the weight of the Pro Max and that’s what it feels like for us to hold it.

Also because it’s tall there’s a lever action which makes it feel even heavier while you’re holding it by the bottom. It’s not the same as just holding it in your palm.

Reactions: McWetty

docbop

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Apple's iPhone 17 Plus or "iPhone 17 Slim" will feature a 6.55-inch display, according to Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) analyst Ross Young.

iPhone-15-General-Feature-Black.jpg

In a post to subscribers on X (formerly Twitter), Young added to a report first shared yesterday by Haitong International Securities Jeff Pu. Pu claimed that the iPhone 17 Plus, rumored to launch in 2025, could be replaced by an "iPhone 17 Slim."

Pu said that the iPhone 17 Slim will feature a 6.6-inch display, which is a slight reduction on the iPhone 14, 15, and 16 Plus, which feature a 6.69-inch OLED display. Now, Young has clarified that the device will feature a 6.55-inch display. This is a reduction of two percent over the previous, current, and next-generation models.

A smaller display would help differentiate the larger iPhone 17 model from the iPhone 17 Pro Max, while remaining larger than the iPhone 17 and iPhone 17 Pro, which are expected to feature 6.1- and 6.3-inch displays, respectively.

Article Link: 'iPhone 17 Slim' Said to Feature 6.55-Inch Display

Hey Apple maybe good time to have your Marketing people show the engineers that a big percentage of iPhone users keep their phone in their back pocket in tight pants. You don't want another iPhone BendGate issue by being too thin.

bigheaddoug

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
Slim as in narrower probably, doubt it will be thinner. I’d like it if it was though personally
This is what I was wondering. I think it would be more interesting if it were narrower rather than just thinner from front to back.

ChrisMac47

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2020
Agree and I also miss the iPhone 4. I wish Apple would set a goal of getting rid of the camera bump without compromising on camera quality. It’s an engineering challenge waiting to be conquered!
Big optics gives better images. Even Apple (actually Sony of course) have to follow the laws of physics (diffraction in this case).

Reactions: sleeptodream
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.