Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
Device: Sprint iPhone 6 Plus 64GB
Carrier Settings: All updated with ##UPDATE#

Issue 1: When typing a message vertically and then rotating horizontally, occasionally the messages app doesn't properly rotate. I need to swipe-close the app and re-open with the phone horizontal, otherwise the issue repeats until I reboot the phone. Note: This seems even more pronounced after mirroring to an :apple:TV latest gen with latest software.

Issue 2: WiFi calling on Sprint simply does not activate, no matter the quality of the bandwidth, even with the latest carrier settings forced with ##UPDATE# from the phone app. Not sure how to continue!

Screen shot of the messaging thing below -- anyone know how to fix that, or submit a report to Apple?

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Kiwil01

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2015
Ive had this issue since day one!! sprint cannot figure it out and neither can I!
I set up wifi calling right after turning on the phone and updating to 8.3, used wifi calling once to call sprint and carry my number over. after the ##update# and ##clear# to pull the new number from the server, go to re activate wifi calling and it tells me to call tech support, which they cant help me either

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
Device: Sprint iPhone 6 Plus 64GB
Carrier Settings: All updated with ##UPDATE#

Issue 1: When typing a message vertically and then rotating horizontally, occasionally the messages app doesn't properly rotate. I need to swipe-close the app and re-open with the phone horizontal, otherwise the issue repeats until I reboot the phone. Note: This seems even more pronounced after mirroring to an :apple:TV latest gen with latest software.

Issue 2: WiFi calling on Sprint simply does not activate, no matter the quality of the bandwidth, even with the latest carrier settings forced with ##UPDATE# from the phone app. Not sure how to continue!

Screen shot of the messaging thing below -- anyone know how to fix that, or submit a report to Apple?

yes i have had that same problem with messaging and rotating on mine. i have to close the app

i have a p.o.s. samsung galaxy s6 edge on that trial deal , and i can't activate wifi calling, and i don't see VoLTE on mine., and i do not get simultaneous voice and data either., .

Last edited:

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
This isn't true, sprint has had wifi calling since iOS 8.3

well it's certainly not supported in samsung s6 edge. thank you for correcting me and further proving that samsung is crap, i cant get sprint to activate wifi calling

i really appreciate kiwi taking the time to correct me.

so the only other thing i can suggest is reseeding the sim card. i had to do this to turn on stuff like VoLTE and wifi hotspot when i was messing around with my iPhone 6 plus in september 2014

turn off the iPhone
wait for the phone to fully power off
remove sim card
power on the iPhone
wait for the iPhone to boot up. wait for the lock screen. unlock phone
wait until you see the home screen and it says NO SIM
insert the sim card

this forces the iPhone to update its sim card , i heard somewhere this updates your towers

and its been my experience if you have certain features that aren't working or aren't enabled on your phone no matter how many times you reboot it, reseeding the sim card will give you want you want

i had to do this when i was messing around wih tmo and verizon sims and changing them out
i had to power on with no sim to get it to bring up features i wanted

if that doesn't work. I'm stuck

all you can do is call sprint and ask them "to please reprovision my sim card'

oh, its also possible in my messing around with sims back in september, that it might take a day or so for something to come up.

also something else is to make sure they the correct 911 address

verizon had some deal where you dial a number to update the PRL and you dial *228, but when LTE came out this was disabled and obsolete. i wonder if your dialing sprint ##update# is the same situation. maybe ##udpate# is only meant for CDMA only phones. just an idea

also i guess make sure VoLTE is on?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.