Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebouwman

Cancelled
Jan 5, 2007
Aren't those prices for data over the GSM network? If I understand correctly the iPhone will have b/g Wi-Fi and can connect to networks using regular Wi-Fi protocol. ...please tell me I'm right, cause there's no way I'd pay that much for internet on my phone!

the iPhone is supposed to be able to use any wireless network available.

generationxwing

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2005
Calgary
Sorry for my cellphone n00bishness, but what is newer? CDMA or GSM? TELUS Mobility, my carrier, told me that CDMA is the newer and better technology. Is this BS?
Well, if the CDMA provider - who makes a vast profit on CDMA - tells you it's the best, then it has to be.

ebouwman

Cancelled
Jan 5, 2007
What do you mean by any wireless network? It is obviously GSM only. Are you talking about any open WiFi connection?

yes, WiFi and wireless network kinda mean the same thing in my mind [by wireless network i meant wireless internet]

so it should be able to connect to a wireless conection like airport i think if i read the apple page correctly
???

"...downloading your email in the background over Wi-Fi or EDGE."(http://www.apple.com/iphone/internet/)

I won't buy an iPhone if it means i have to pay a ridiculous amount of money just to connect to Cingulars Edge wireless
there are enought unencrypted wireless conections around that i could get by just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.