Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aerosexual

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2021
Hey all...

I have a new iphone se 2nd gen and upgraded to ios 14.8 (hate 15) now I am not sure if this was happening before the upgrade to 14.8 but I am now noticing some "lag" when scrolling.

As you scroll it sort of lags, and easy way to describe it is that is looks like it "catches" on something and stutters it for a second, it seems to happen when you start to scroll but if you keep scrolling it seems to not be as bad. If you stop scrolling for a minute and start scrolling it does it then.

I would say its not to bad, but its annoying as once you notice it you can't unsee it. I have done multiple "factory resets" and that has not fixed it, I only have 1 app on the phone and anayltics in diognostics not showing anything of concern. I guess I am worried that its some sort of hardware issue.

But just wondering anyones thoughts, I havent noticed this scrolling lag before so not sure if its hardware or just a software update. I have a 128gb se and have 119 available.

charlyham

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
I had that once in a while when I first got mine (same se 2nd gen 128) but haven't had any issues lately. I updated to 15.01 recently and looks to be running great.

Aerisdies

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2021
Kiel Hyre Academy
I have iPhone SE 2nd Gen 64GB and never had anything like that. Maybe because I do clean iTunes restore every major update like 14->14.1->14.2->14.8 (not 14.0.1->14.0.2).

What app are you scrolling that has the lag?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.