Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyNameIsLou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2022
I've been having problem with my phone. This was bought last December or January.

1.) My apps crashed every time I open them.
2.) It won't allow me to access "Reset" through Settings, it'll freeze my phone screen.
3.) When I clicked my Apple ID Account, "Sign Out" is not clickable. Now I can't even open an app.
4.) When I tried to turn on "Find My", it won't walk through and just freeze the screen.

I really don't know what to do, now I can even open apps, and even deleted some of my apps. Please help me with these problems.

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Try a hard reset.
Hit in order: volume up - volume down - then hold down the side home button until it turns off and turns back on. Then let go the side home button.

MyNameIsLou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2022
Try a hard reset.
Hit in order: volume up - volume down - then hold down the side home button until it turns off and turns back on. Then let go the side home button.
Hi, thanks for this tip. But I did this already for five times now. And I don't know what else I can do.

gren81

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2013
Contact Apple Support by phone. They can perform a screen share and try to help you out. It costs nothing for the phone call - that has been my years of experience with all Apple products.

It does not matter whether you have AppleCare coverage as they are willing to help diagnose the problem and resolution as best they can.

You may still need and want an appointment at Apple’s Genius Bar. (I would not personally invest my time at the repair facility (e.g., Geek Squad) for software issues until Apple actually performs their analysis.)

If not resolved and after that, Apple may recommend further diagnosis and repair along with a preliminary cost estimate which you can decline. Only then would it cost you any money (unless you get mesmerized and by a new phone LOL).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.